Cover of Queen of Zazzau by JS Emuakpor

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

Buy Scrivener 3 for macOS (Regular Licence)

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Tobermory Cat-Troll

Threaded View

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin sarmouni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terie View Post
    I'm curious to know more about the edits on the Wikipedia page. It no longer has either of the statements quoted above. Can you share more about that? The battle being waged on poor Debi's Wikipedia page is interesting.
    Hi Terie, thanks for the welcome. The quotes are from the article's talk page. The article itself is here.

As explained in the talk page, I felt that given the additional coverage in The Guardian (and perhaps more to come, God forbid), the controversy should be mentioned in the article, and also attempt to tell the whole story, without going into the next level of intricate detail.

By the way, I'm told that there's a good review in The Times today, but I can't get past their pay wall. Will see if I can get a copy from the reviewer, @AmandaPCraig. I'll also need details like the URL. This will help dilute the controversy section.
    Last edited by sarmouni; 11-03-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Mis-spelt name.

• "Argument brings conclusions and compels us to concede them, but it does not cause certainty nor remove doubts in order that the mind may remain at rest in truth, unless this is provided by experience." ~ Roger Bacon in Idries Shah's The Sufis.