Hi, this is the first time I've seen this writers' forum, having been directed to this thread for unfortunate reasons, and I'm impressed. Thanks for being here.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that the character ThingWithFeathers who defended Tobermory Cat in the comments to the Guardian article was a sockpuppet: ThingWithFeathers was rather more articulate. There certainly appeared to be a good deal of "history" about what they wrote which did not appear to support their assertion that they had only just read about the affair, however, so they may have been a meat puppet or an ardent supporter.

ThingWithFeathers claimed to be in the GMT +2 hours timezone and in the southern hemisphere and shortly after their appearance at the Guardian site, an anonymous South African IP user did indeed refactor a comment that I had made on the talk page attached to Debi Gliori's Wikipedia biography. The text originally read:

"I believe that Bryony24 acted in good faith, following a sustained campaign of alleged internet bullying / stalking of the subject, Debi Gliori by another involved person and their fans" and they changed that to "... by another involved person's fans" (absolving the artist of blame). They also added the edit summary: "No proof the other involved person stalked or bullied anyone, only that their fans did so" which I feel requires a level of technical competence, sophistication and clarity that I have not seen in Tobermory Cat's responses here.

One thing that does concern me are the pointy comments about Tobermory Cat's poor standard of English. There could be perfectly valid, perhaps unfortunate, reasons for this, such as dyslexia.

Anyhow, thanks again. I look forward to reading more on this forum.