Status
Not open for further replies.

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
Having downloaded a book from Google Play to my Nexus 7, I was impressed by the reader's various features. For my money, it certainly rivals Amazon's Kindle e-reader (there is a Kindle app for the Nexus that works quite nicely).
I nosed around the Google Play site looking to see if Google will support e-publishing like Amazon does and found this link: http://support.google.com/books/partner/bin/static.py?hl=en&guide=1346912&page=guide.cs
Although the Google Play e-books world is still small compared to Amazon's Kindle, I am curious as to whether anyone has jumped in.
JohnN

jmascia

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been able to jump in because although I have uploaded all info of my books onto their site, those books never seem to make it to their shelves. And there's no one that has been able to provide any feedback (on their end) as to why that is.

Plus, as it says in that link you sent, their thing here is merely a preview program... so you can't actually SELL your books through them.

ereadergold

Registered
Reaction score

kingsley

Registered
Reaction score
I've tried publishing with Google Play. A couple things i notice:

1) They discount your ebooks from your list price. I can't figure out how to stop them from doing this. The discount doesn't affect your royalty, but it does potentially confuse your customers.

2) Their tools for controlling metadata are nonexistent. They pull their metadata from Bowker, so you have to make sure that you enter everything you want their. If you need to make changes, i'm not sure if these changes ever get picked up by Google Play without an email to their support.

I still haven't sold anything on Google Play, but i'm not pulling our books. I'd like to hear how someone has had indie success here and what they've learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.