Writing M/M Romance Crit Group

pandora

Watching the movie inside my head.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, I hope this is okay to post here. I did ask some other mods about this, and was going to post Announcements, but this seemed appropriate, too, so here goes

Announcing a new Writing M/M Romance Critique Group through Yahoo Groups, which will be up and running the last week of October, or sooner. The group is geared towards posting WIP monthly, so if you have something novel-length or novella length, the same group of folks who critiqued chapter one will be on hand to critique chapter ten and chapter twenty, first draft to last draft. Hopefully. I belong to a few writing and critiquing Yahoo groups and find they work in that way for me. I've looked and looked for something of the type for M/M Romance, and there just isn't a group geared that way right now. Hopefully, this will work for writers looking for an extra boost in craft, word counts and getting critiqued. Erotica is welcome, but only in the context of Romance.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/writingmmromance/

Thanks, Jan Matthews (Pandora)

G. Applejack

Write faster! FASTER!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm a co-mod at the group, and am happy to report it's going strong. We have a regular upload twice a month for new chapters, and so far most are receiving the minimum of four critiques. (Some are getting more!) It's a friendly, relaxed environment with a mix of newbies and published (self-pub and traditional). I've learned a lot from critiquing and receiving crits.

The Yahoogroups list can get busy, however. We're chatty. We logged 579 messages last month and we're at just over 300 this month. So I'd recommend using an email address that won't drive you nuts by constantly pinging.

Any questions, feel free to PM myself or Jan.

~ Genna