• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta reader/swap for 12k "literary"/humorous short story

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerburgers

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
As the title indicates, I'm looking for someone to read my short story "Grover's Meadow Revisited", which is about three former sitcom actors who reunite in San Francisco under the pretense of producing a very bad one-woman play. It's a spoof on Hollywood culture, as well as an exploration of how media and stories in general influence the ways that people construct their identities -- and according to my dad (parents are always the best critics, right?) it's pretty funny. I'm hoping to publish this, so I want someone who isn't afraid to be brutal with feedback. Let me know if you're interested!

LeslieMiller

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pen-for-hire.com
I'd love to beta your story. I am a pro editor, so if it's brutal feedback you're looking for, I can provide it! (Honestly, I am blunt but kind. I think brutal is unnecessary.)

Status
Not open for further replies.