School Memories...

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
(Apologies if there is a thread already)

Just thought I'd throw out a thread for you guys to recall some of your best/funniest/strangest etc. moments from your school days.

I'll start.

Helping at the nursery sports day and getting trapped in one of those horrible fabric tunnel things whilst four year olds laughed at me. Not my proudest moment!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I think of school, I
90767_original.gif
. Nothing pleasant or funny about it.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
When I think of school, I
90767_original.gif
. Nothing pleasant or funny about it.

Yeah... me neither.

Happy moment.. K.

In High School, in Reno Nevada, my friends and I broke into the school campus (unlocked, unguarded, no cameras) and we climbed up on the roof to party. The cops were called and patrolled the grounds, while we hid up there for 6 hours until they went away. I was making out the entire time. Adrenaline, a soft touch and danger, was a setup for a great night. We returned to do it six more times until the school locked the roof access ladder that led to the top of gym.

Last edited:

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Most of my more vivid memories are... far from pleasant. Perhaps more suited for a different thread (anyone want to start 'school horror stories'?).

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I told everyone in my class that I knew that guy who played McGyver and that he'd visit the school and everyone, including the teacher, believed me. That was fun. :D

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I remember meeting one of the unpopular guys (I was one of unpopular girls) as I left the grounds on the last day. He asked if I would miss it (school). I said: no. He said: yeah, me neither. I vividly remember feeling very good as I stepped of the campus never to return to that snake pit ever again.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
My dad walking me to the elementary school campus the Sunday morning before my first day of kindergarten, to make sure that I would know how to get there by myself. I actually walked up and back to school by myself a few times a week during kindergarten, a little more than a half mile trip, one-way. Hard to believe, but hey...it was 1967!

Being a "teacher's pet" during my first few years of school, because of my outstanding classroom behavior and impressive academic performance. Looking back, it's a wonder that I didn't get my ass kicked by a schoolyard bully. My spacey philosophical meditative personality freaked 'em out and scared 'em away, probably.

Getting bused to a school in a nearby town when I was accepted into a special program for "gifted" students. This terrifying ordeal lasted from 4th grade through 6th grade. All I can say is that riding the school bus sucked, the educational program sucked, and the teachers REALLY sucked! :rant:

Metal lunch boxes with glass-lined thermoses. They were very cool!

Getting my butt snapped with a towel after showering in the junior high school P.E. locker room. Ouch! :scared:

High school keg parties, the only thing I really liked about high school. These parties would be huge, often with a couple hundred teenagers in attendance. Sometimes the parties would be in a kid's backyard, other times in the hills above the nearby horse ranches, other times hidden in the trees along the river. Daytime, nighttime, whenever, so long as somebody had enough beer and marijuana to share with a few friends and a loud stereo system or local garage band to provide the music.

Oh yeah, there actually was another thing that I liked about high school: Graduation, June 1980. I can still remember the very end of the graduation ceremony, tossing my mortar board up into the air along with my classmates, and thinking to myself, "Wow, it's finally over!" :Thumbs:

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
School + happy = does not compute.

Though there was this Native American boy in one of my art classes that always gave me a hard time. I was the TA (teachers assistant), and the teacher insisted he just did it because he had a crush on me. Either way, he made me smile, and was a bright spot in an otherwise hellish environment.

I take a shameful amount of pride in turning the tables on a couple of would-be bullies. They got a first hand lesson in what "psychotic" looks like.

Ah, yes, the good old days. Here's to them being long gone.
drinking-3.gif

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
My HS graduating class had too much money when school ended.

It got transferred to the alumni committee. So they've had a reunion every five years ever since.

When that first 5 year reunion notice came in the mail, I had a mental and physical reaction to it's presence - and didn't really understand my feelings at the time. When the 10 year reunion came, I had the very same reaction, and my mind finally made the connection.

The next day, trembling, I took the notice to my lawyer. He drafted up a 'cease and desist' order and sent it registered mail to the committee.

If I ever hear from them again... I'll own them.
and that thought alone gives me some peace. =)

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
I remember being stuck in limbo in the dreaded IEP system, where I was integrated into violent classroom settings with all the bad apples simply because I acted out during my parents' divorce.

I was told I had a learning disability and would never be able to read or write at an adult level. I'll bet they will be surprised when I show up to the reunion with a graduate degree.

StarryEyes

Registered
Reaction score
When I was six years old, I flew to a different country for Christmas and I had school on the day after I came back. Of course I was horribly jet-lagged, and the school work was soooooo boring (I remember I had to spell the word "camel", duuh) so I pretended to fall asleep. The teacher fell for it and lay me down in the "reading corner" where there were cushions and a little mattress. I lay there with my eyes closed until the end of class, just thinking about things, and "conveniently" woke up when the bell rang and my mother came to take me home. I only told her last year that I actually wasn't asleep :D

Another fond memory I have is how when I was about nine years old, I would ask the teacher if I could go to the toilet so I could get out of school work. I would then spend a few minutes hanging out in the bathroom, then I would either slip under the cubicle door or climb over it by standing on the toilet, and get into the next cubicle. I would start at the end of the row and lock all the doors, and then slip under the last one and go back to class. I was a naughty kid ;)

Also when I was nine to ten years old, during recess, I would always sit under the same tree with my best friend, and we would talk to the nature around us and look for fairies. The other kids made fun of us but we didn't care :) I still visit that tree sometimes, it brings back fond memories.

Most of my school memories aren't that nice, though. In middle school (ages 12 to 15) the ENTIRE school bullied me. I'm not exaggerating. There was not a single student who didn't bully me during those three years. Once, when I was 11 (I was younger than the other students since I skipped a year) we had a sports day and about a third of the school, so about two hundred students, chased me across the grounds because they wanted me to dance for them. I had danced ballet at the end of the year before, and since it wasn't the "conventional" thing to do then, everyone made fun of me because of it.
Luckily, one of the boys who used to bully me is now at my school, and we're best friends :) Quite a change of heart there!

Last edited:

Archerbird

Nightowl
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I also remember when we were about 8, my friend and classmate's mother got murdered. She was adopted by a couple living a bit away and had to move, and so the rest of the class collected some money and bought her a pencil case. On her last day at our school it was like:

"We're sorry your mom was killed and that we'll never see you again, but here's a pencil case to help you keep your mind off things, oh, and good luck with your life".

Kids...:crazy:

StarryEyes

Registered
Reaction score
Can I just say, that none of these posts are about school mammaries? Not. One.

What a jip.

They're memories, and they are all related to school. I don't see why they wouldn't be school memories. :)

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Can I just say, that none of these posts are about school mammaries? Not. One.

What a jip.

Ok, just for Bunny Boy's benefit.

In high school, all the smokers had to stand out in the parking lot to smoke. There was one particular group of head-bangers that were amusing to watch. It wasn't uncommon for them to moon the school and anyone unwary enough to be looking out the upper floor windows.

One day one of the girls lifted her shirt and flashed her chest.

Forgive me for forgetting that one. I mean, they were cute and perky and all, but I don't think she was doing it to get my attention. :tongue

quickWit

Totally Ninja!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, just for Bunny Boy's benefit.

In high school, all the smokers had to stand out in the parking lot to smoke. There was one particular group of head-bangers that were amusing to watch. It wasn't uncommon for them to moon the school and anyone unwary enough to be looking out the upper floor windows.

One day one of the girls lifted her shirt and flashed her chest.

Forgive me for forgetting that one. I mean, they were cute and perky and all, but I don't think she was doing it to get my attention. :tongue

That's the spirit! :)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
High School - Senior year...

Somebody cranked up a transistor radio - yes, I said transistor radio.
icon11.gif

Got caught dancing on the desktop with Richard Freeman by our 4 foot, 1 inch, English teacher.

Mrs. Weimer was German and very very proper, and had never seen or heard of such "carrying on" in her entire career.

Good times? Yep, we had 'em. :D

I absolutely lurved high school!

Last edited:

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Another one for me...

When the leavers decided to let off stinkbombs in all of the staircases AND hallways. Not just slightly stinking but ABSOLUTELY stinking. I had to trek up to the top floor (no mean feat) choking, tears running down myself as I was almost sick. Felt sick for rest of the day.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I have one! Me! Me! Pick me!

Okay.

Freshman year high school. Gorgeous male English teacher. Stern math nun with full habit--black veil that covers her head so no hair shows, cardboard bib under chin, long black dress with heavy large rosary beads hanging from the waist. Squeaky black orthopedic shoes.

Gorgeous English teacher walks by classroom. Stern nun drops her book on the desk and rushes to the door. In a voice that can only be described as cutesy-pie, calls after him.

They chat. She flirts. We're amazed and try not to laugh. She comes back in all smiles. Best geometry class ever.

Hiroko

Which of them was the machine?
Registered
Reaction score
I remember a classmate once telling me he'd sneak into my house at night and cut out my brain (then he would proceed to somehow combine my brain with his).

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
School + happy = memories buried and burned.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
The lowest and greatest moments for me happened about twelve years apart.

The first was when I was too young to evade corporeal punishment in school from a sadistic prick.

The second was when I was old enough to exact revenge on the person who hurt me.

Kids grow up eventually. I did and never forgot, much to the displeasure of my former tormentor.

StarryEyes

Registered
Reaction score
I have one! Me! Me! Pick me!

Okay.

Freshman year high school. Gorgeous male English teacher. Stern math nun with full habit--black veil that covers her head so no hair shows, cardboard bib under chin, long black dress with heavy large rosary beads hanging from the waist. Squeaky black orthopedic shoes.

Gorgeous English teacher walks by classroom. Stern nun drops her book on the desk and rushes to the door. In a voice that can only be described as cutesy-pie, calls after him.

They chat. She flirts. We're amazed and try not to laugh. She comes back in all smiles. Best geometry class ever.

Even as a writer, I cannot find the words to describe how funny this is.

When the leavers decided to let off stinkbombs in all of the staircases AND hallways. Not just slightly stinking but ABSOLUTELY stinking. I had to trek up to the top floor (no mean feat) choking, tears running down myself as I was almost sick. Felt sick for rest of the day.

IAMWRITER - That reminds me a bit of the time when some dumb students let off some firecrackers in the hallways. ALL the hallways. I was young and innocent at the time and I actually thought the school was being bombed! Ah, the things 15 year old students can do.