Red Dwarf X

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dwarf_(series_X)

So the new series (the first full one in thirteen years) starts soon. High hopes, anyone? I've seen brief trails on Dave and it's looking OK although I'm a little disturbed at how old the actors are now. I know series seven was poor while eight was slightly better. Hoping ten goes back to the roots.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm.... I kind of went off it about series 6. 3 and 4 were superb though. I dunno. I might give it a try but I hope it has grown seeing as the actors are all so much older now. Hope it's not the same old shtick.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching the re-runs on Dave and have really enjoyed them - despite the confusion of them being re-run backwards. I am so looking forward to X - the trailers look good. They cast do seem to have aged, with the possible exception of Danny John Jules who appears to be as slim as he was all those years ago and can still move with cat like elegance and grace. There was a pre-view for the press and the episode they watched got rave reviews, which sounds very promising.

Just as long as they do not have the bloody talking toaster in it...

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Hmm.... I kind of went off it about series 6. 3 and 4 were superb though. I dunno. I might give it a try but I hope it has grown seeing as the actors are all so much older now. Hope it's not the same old shtick.

I've seen a few reports, and from what I can gather (from the audiences they filmed in front of) it's back to the good stuff.

*Is excited*

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Back to Earth got mixed reviews, but I enjoyed it for the most part. 3 and 4 were probably the best. It's been a while since I've seen 5. 6 had its moments but felt rushed.

I'm away next week so I'll have to record it and watch on my return.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't watch Back to Earth cos I know from experience that that kind of thing rarely works.

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
Doesn't look like it'll be broadcast in the States... at least not yet :( Used to love Red Dwarf (though I kind of stopped watching around series 4), and my 14-year-old discovered it through Netflix and is a big fan as well.

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
I'm tentatively excited.

Red Dwarf was on originally when I was a teenager and I watched it over and over. Love seasons 1/2 and 5 in particular. Wasn't that keen on 6 for some reason, and when it came back after that it went downhill rapidly. The most recent ones were a bit embarrassing.

Buuuuut I'm always willing to give new Red Dwarf a chance. Will be crossing my fingers that they've got it right this time.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hadn't even heard they were making a new one. Loved the original series, although I didn't find Back to Earth as good. Does anyone know when it starts?

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
I still watch my DVD's over and over. The original series where real 'student' entertainment. But the recent reboots where tired, and going for the 'gross-out' market.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Some good lines. Spoiler . . . . . loved the resentment over drive concept!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Aww crap on a stick, I totally forgot about this. Will have to try and catch it on a repeat. Which, as it's Dave, will be a few thousand times.