Email Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Has something changed? Until two days ago, I received daily email notifications of new posts on threads I'm subscribed to. Now I get the same four and nothing else. Is there something I can do to fix the problem or is there some new policy I don't know anything about?

Hope this is posted in the right place.

Esther_Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jonestales.com
To change subscription settings, go to User CP > Settings and Options > Options and it will give you a chance to select your subscription & notification settings. If that doesn't work, then I'd guess it's a glitch.

Deleted member 42

Has something changed? Until two days ago, I received daily email notifications of new posts on threads I'm subscribed to. Now I get the same four and nothing else. Is there something I can do to fix the problem or is there some new policy I don't know anything about?

Hope this is posted in the right place.

1. Have the threads been updated?

2. Have you checked your spam/junk filters?

3. Have you read the FAQ: Everything You Wanted to Know About Thread Subscriptions?

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score

Deleted member 42

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Whatever the problem was, it cleared itself up last night. I opened up my email client and in poured the missing AW emails. This morning my inbox was stuffed with them. Thanks for trying to help.

If you have a lot of subscriptions, or subscribe to fast moving threads, the notifications may have to queue up.

The AW server prioritizes tasks; logged in users on the forums are the first priority tasks, email one of the later tasks.

It's one of the reasons we ask people to avoid the Instant Notification option.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
If you have a lot of subscriptions, or subscribe to fast moving threads, the notifications may have to queue up.

The AW server prioritizes tasks; logged in users on the forums are the first priority tasks, email one of the later tasks.

It's one of the reasons we ask people to avoid the Instant Notification option.
Understood. I use the Daily Notification option. But, this is no big deal. I wasn't complaining, only concerned that I'd inadvertently changed something. Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.