Hi guys

I recently finished the first draft of my novel (but I've gone through and corrected the most major mistakes and some grammar). I think I'm at that point where I need a beta reader. I've written a lot of short stories and some novellas before, but I've never edited a book...so I guess I need a little help?

And another thing...I think there are a few mistakes that need to be fixed, like the way I keep on changing from his nickname to his full name...I also need to change his name as well, but I'm not sure what to...
Every time I try to edit it, I end up messing the book up, so I guess that's why I'm asking for a beta early on.

I'm not really good at beta-ing myself, but I'm willing to read your novel and give my general thoughts in exchange.

Summary: A man's father is taken hostage by a bunch of criminals who require an old coin. That man is forced to go through a series of adventures to acquire it, and save his father.
Word count: 44k.
Genre: Adventure.
What I need: A beta reader who can point out plot holes and mistakes, and suggest how I could improve the book. Really, really harsh!!

So, if anyone wants to have a go, tell me