• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

looking for a beta reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

halleluiah

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, guys

I'm new to this forum.
I edited my quite a lot. I think at this stage I need a beta reader. So I was wondering if you were willing to take on that role. I rather go through that road than publish something that the reader will leave a bad review and stop halfway reading the book. It has a strong evangelism message and talk about my testimony before and after I accepted the Lord. Let me know if you accept it and if you want me to email it to you?

Blessings, sana

Last edited:

halleluiah

Registered
Reaction score
looking for beta readers

Hi, unimportant

I've already edited my book 6 times with editors. I'm just looking for someone to read my book and give me a general feedback

Blessings, sana

Last edited:

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, guys

I'm new to this forum.
I edited my quite a lot. I think at this stage I need a beta reader. So I was wondering if you were willing to take on that role. I rather go through that road than publish something that the reader will leave a bad review and stop halfway reading the book. It has a strong evangelism message and talk about my testimony before and after I accepted the Lord. Let me know if you accept it and if you want me to email it to you? Email: [email protected]

Blessings, sana

Hi sana,

First, you might want to remove your email from your post(s). Google spambots will pick it up and you will end up on every spammer's mailing list. Absolute Write has a private message (PM) system where members can contact each other.

Second, you might want to consider hiring an editor if you are planning to self publish. Beta readers can give you their general feelings about a book, but few, if any, will be either willing or qualified to act as an editor and copyeditor and to correct every single error in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure. Based on the text of your post, I think it's likely that your manuscript will have a fair number of errors.

An editing service is likely to cost somewhere in the region of $500 - $1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.