How do you handle the bio portion of the query when your book is ghostwritten

adpickle

Registered
Reaction score
I have ghostwritten a novel based on a true story. The author wants my name on the book. I'm now writing the query.
When it comes to the bio, does anyone have suggestions as to how to handle the author and the writer gracefully?

Thanks in advance.

A

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
If you're going to be acknowledged as the ghost or cowriter, you could write a brief bio for the author and for you. But your publisher and/or agent should advise on this.

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
This is a marketing question. If both of you will be involved in marketing the book, write bios for both. Why did the author choose you, etc.?

Agents, etc, want to know who they will be having a relationship with. Will the author write other books with you? At all? If not, the author's bio matters for marketing purposes only and needs to detail how they will assist with marketing and what makes them the person to tell this story.

Will you write other books in this genre? If so, they may be interested in your career and not just this book.

I hope this makes sense and helps you figure out what and how much you need to say in your query.