Heads Up: Harper Voyager calls for unagented submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I not sure if more communication on this will prove useful.

Let's move on.

It certainly won't for you. Let me show you the door.

You're not welcome.

CatherineS

Registered
Reaction score
Now listen, I respectfully ask to be left out of the woodshed.

I posted that statement very early on in defense of what Paul wrote, and I was NOT the only person on this forum who expressed this opinion. Beyond that, I have kept my nose out of the expanding witch-hunt... ahem, discussion. In fact, you will perhaps note that I've done my level best today to restore some civility to the thread.

You need not direct me to rules and regs or slap my hands like a child. I promise to stay out of the fray just as long as you all will respect my well-demonstrated ability to behave like an adult. Good grief! It's done. We're on to book covers and May announcements.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
All I can say to all the main parties in the main argument, none of whom are without fault Pax vobiscum (Latin for peace be with you).

Oh?

Shall those of us who were offended and upset be blamed, now, for saying something about it? Shame on us for not just laughing and nodding, when people are making jokes about how justifiable it would be to kill people we know and care about?

Seriously?

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
Having never published in any form before, I have none of those issues, but certainly there must be for everyone a sense of releasing your child into the big world....you've done all you can to raise it, now it must fly on its own. Surely you already felt that the day you clicked to upload.

Definitely, but I was in control of every aspect of the process, which is something I enjoyed. But at the same time I'm open to relinquishing control to the publisher, just a little nervous as to how it might feel :)

One thing I wouldn't miss is blurb writing - I hate it! Please tell me publishers have someone to do that!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
We're going to lock this toxic mess of a thread. Those of you using the thread as a place to track your submissions and offer support to one another, there's a new version of the thread, here.

I'd like to publicly thank the people who care enough about AW to report some of what was going on the last couple of days -- and also, a thank-you to the mods who responded with alacrity.

There's NO PLACE on AW to "joke" about the torture/death of our fellow industry professionals. Hard stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.