NaNoWriMo 2012 - who's in?

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs, it's September already! Which means it's now less than two months until NaNoWriMo starts. Plenty of time to come up with a plot.

Looks like I'm in this year. I swear I didn't build my schedule around it, but it's going to work out just right. I'm working on editing a story right now and intend to have that done and submitted by the end of September. Then next thing on the list I have to work on is the draft of the second story in a series. (I drafted the first of the series for NaNoWriMo last year. It's edited and out on submission right now.) I've got the skeleton of the plot for book #2 worked out already, so using October to create a good strong outline and getting at least a big chunk of it drafted in November works out just perfectly.

I'm also doing publisher's edits for my fourth novel, and will have those to do in October too. And the novel's release date is in the middle of November - so I might have to miss one day's word count there while I update a zillion sites and generally chuck myself around the net promoting it!

This will be my 7th NaNoWriMo, and 7 is a lucky number, so that has to be good. :D

But, yeah, as of today it is on!

Who else is in for 2012?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I might hold off till December before trying for a 50k month.

I have an exam at some point in November, and I intend to study for it, a LOT. So that might take up the first week or two. Easier to just wait till December.

Determination

Is watching you
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in!! This month and next I'm editing and polishing the book I wrote last month for Camp Nano. In November I'm plunging head first into the second book of my thriller series. The first is currently out on sub with agents and I didn't want to jinx myself by writing a sequel but I figure if the agents don't want it then I'll toss it up on kindle and if they do then I'll be ahead of the game so bring it on Nanowrimo. I'm ready!!

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm probably going to do it - with a whole new project but I'll have to fit it around homework and revision.

Hopefully I'll have finished the 1st draft of my current WIP by then and hopefully will have done some planning and the likes too.

kelzey2

Still waiting . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Too many unfinished WIPs from past Nanos, and too many exams to study for. Sad to say, but I'm out this year.:(

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in. Going to be a bit of a race between revising last year's NaNo and prepping this year's, but I'm excited about both. :)

Last year about mid-October I found a different planning/prepping method that's helped a lot, and there have been a couple of lightbulb moments since then, so I'm really curious to see how this one goes.

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be doing my best, but that's always a difficult time for me as a student (plus birthday celebrations).

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
I hope to :) I am currently SLOWLY :( outlining the story. :D I has a little less then 2 months to get it done LOL.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I might try to do it. I really want to. I have an unfinished WIP that I really want to finish if I can. However, November will be super busy for me as well. So, I don't know if I'll be able to. I want to but I don't think I'll be able to do it. At the very least, I want to at least get farther in the WIP that I have.

HannahLovely

Registered
Reaction score
The TARDIS parked at Hogwarts inside Narnia.
I'm in! I've done it the last three years, so why stop now?

I might actually try to go for more than 50,000 words. I've heard of people reaching that goal in 24 hours, and it sounds kind of fun to try. Masochistic fun, but fun nonetheless >:)

itsmary

have faith, restart
Registered
Reaction score
I never really wanted to do NaNo in the past. But I got a great story idea a few weeks ago and have already started planning/researching, so I'm going to do it for the first time this year. I'm excited!

HannahLovely

Registered
Reaction score
The TARDIS parked at Hogwarts inside Narnia.
IT'S SO MUCH FUN. EVERYONE SHOULD DO IT.

Actually, word of warning itsmary. Nano is not fun during November. It feels more like you've smashed your brain in with a rainbow-coloured sledgehammer and all you can do is cry.

But it's fun after November, particularly if you've written the fifty thousand.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The last couple of years, I've always hemmed and hawed and said I'm not sure I'll be doing it, then make up my mind about halfway through October it's on. This year, I'm even more vague than usual about it. I'd really like to but I'm not sure where I stand on my current WIP. I've been working on it since April and it's nowhere near complete.

aibrean

Author, Designer, Imaginative Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilsadowski.com
I'm going to revisit my Camp NaNo and continue as a Book 2 for NaNo I think. I know it's definitely going to need to be a series.

jacqueline

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in. I'm taking the Scrivener free trial for a spin around the block right now. I like it so far.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I'd love to, but I think I'm going to be way too busy this year. I've been toying with the idea of using it to get back to work on my WIP. *pondering

itsmary

have faith, restart
Registered
Reaction score
IT'S SO MUCH FUN. EVERYONE SHOULD DO IT.

Actually, word of warning itsmary. Nano is not fun during November. It feels more like you've smashed your brain in with a rainbow-coloured sledgehammer and all you can do is cry.

But it's fun after November, particularly if you've written the fifty thousand.

I'll keep that in mind. haha

I had a friend a few years ago who did it almost every year and was completely consumed by it. She seemed to enjoy it a little *too* much. But I guess there is a certain amount of masochism involved in being a writer anyway.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
This November will quite possibly be my most hectic month this year. We're getting evicted in the beginning of December so I have to find an apartment/house in November and then pack up an entire house, need to start working nights while still being a SAHM during the day (sleep when?), relatives flying in for the week of Thanksgiving, and then there's the holiday shopping and decorating.

....but what the heck. I'll try. I had fun with Nanowritmo last year.

kendallina

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in! It will be my first year, but everyone convinced me over in the 'is it worth it' thread. I'm really excited, but I have yet to start planning/outlining.

My 2 goals:

Stick with it the whole month (even if I don't make it to 50,000 words)
Butt in chair everyday

IronDragon

Normal isn’t a virtue
Registered
Reaction score
I have a sequel to my current WIP knocking on the door demanding my attention. I would like to use it for NaNo this November but first I have to get my act together and finish what I already have started.

TribalCat

Tyger's Mama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tribalcatslair.blogspot.com
I'm in. It'll be my 4th NaNo event and hopefully, my 4th win. I haven't decided if I'm going to finish the novel I started last November, or the one I started in June, but I doubt I'll be starting a brand new story. There's a lot of tweaking I need to do with both of those stories, so I need to make up my mind quickly and get started on planning.