Blogging about the past

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
A little bit more about my research adventures. This time it's about the floor plan for the flat where the subjects of my latest WIP lived:

http://www.elizabethhuhn.com/2019/09/and-a-floor-plan.html

ETA: It's explained in the blog post, but I suppose I should be more explicit: this is the floor plan of the flat in Adelphi Terrace House in London near Charing Cross where J.M. Barrie lived, latterly with his adopted sons (the real Lost Boys, so to speak).

Last edited:

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I, uh, seem to be dominating this thread. I hope someone else jumps in with their historically themed blog post(s).

Anyway, let's keep with the recent theme of the Llewelyn Davies brothers. Over a year ago now, I did a research trip to see the Llewelyn Davies family papers, and I took pictures of all the letters that Peter Ll. Davies, the namesake of Peter Pan, wrote home to J.M. Barrie, the creator of Peter Pan who had by this point become guardian of Peter and his brothers (their parents passed away). The letters are from the trenches of WW1 and are extremely well-written for a young man of 19. I've been transcribing them from the photos I took. I'd love to share all of it, but I don't know that I can, because of copyright issues. I'd have to talk to the Beinecke Library about it (Peter's works aren't in the public domain yet). I do feel, though, that I can talk about them without quoting them at length and can share a sentence here or there.

Here is the blog post: http://www.elizabethhuhn.com/2020/11/and-peter-daviess-signature.html

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to our little historical-writing world, @Trying To Be Good !

You can't delete your posts on AW -- editing is the best option.

This thread, which is an opportunity for folks who keep historical blogs to share their latest posts, is not replaced by Time Travelers' Lounge -- that replaced an older lounge-type thread that is no longer pinned to the top of the forum.

A propos of nothing except your signature, I recommend you read some of the critique threads in AW's Share Your Work areas -- I think you will find that most of our critiques are pretty thoughtful. The cardinal rule at AW is Respect Your Fellow Writer (RYFW), and that includes people who have taken time out of their own work to offer critique.

:e2coffee:

Reactions: Maryn and Tocotin

Trying To Be Good

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to our little historical-writing world, @Trying To Be Good !

You can't delete your posts on AW -- editing is the best option.

This thread, which is an opportunity for folks who keep historical blogs to share their latest posts, is not replaced by Time Travelers' Lounge -- that replaced an older lounge-type thread that is no longer pinned to the top of the forum.

A propos of nothing except your signature, I recommend you read some of the critique threads in AW's Share Your Work areas -- I think you will find that most of our critiques are pretty thoughtful. The cardinal rule at AW is Respect Your Fellow Writer (RYFW), and that includes people who have taken time out of their own work to offer critique.

:e2coffee:
I think I just learned a new French expression.

Reactions: Lakey