• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Creative Concepts Literary Agency

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
I find it interesting that the Director of this agency, Michele Glance Serwach, has a lot in common with the Michele Rooney Literary Agency and the Simply Nonfiction Literary Agency, both of which were operated by Michele Glance Rooney. Suffice it to say, I think we're looking at another M.W.M. emerging here because of the change in names, businesses, and their locations as the two operated by M.G. Rooney are believed to have been in Franklin, Michigan and Creative Concepts is in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. If anyone has any information on any of these businesses or names, please don't hesitate to contact me.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. I gather from other threads that Creative Concepts was the original name, which then changed to Simply Nonfiction/Michelle Rooney. So I guess she's going back to CC. :Shrug:

http://superliteraryagent.tripod.com/

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I first got complaints about her in 2000 as Creative Literary Agency. Creative Literary vanished in 2003. She resurfaced as Simply Nonfiction in mid-2004, and then morphed into Michele Rooney Literary Agency in early 2005. She has also solicited people as "Shelley Rooney" with Rooney Literary Agency.

I think the reason for all the recent name changing is this blog.

- Victoria

Dhewco

Registered
Reaction score
I read the blog entry . . . there was a guy who said he was stopping payment on a 10 ms return check. I'd let her get the funds, and forget about her. It takes more than 10 dollars at my bank to stop a check. I think the last one was 25 dollars (maybe 20).

The only reason for stopping payment is the empty gesture..."I might not get my manuscript back, but you don't get my 10 dollars either." never mind that it'll cost you double to do that.

David