• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Weird Tales Magazine

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They're top-notch -- and a very tough market to crack.

Horseflye

Registered
Reaction score
Weird Tales?

Anyone have experience with them? Do they prefer snail/e mail? The website gives both options. Thanks!

Brevity

Registered
Reaction score
In regards to Weird Tales specifically, would anyone happen to know if submissions have been re-opened as of January? Their site claims this (January 2011) as the time they had planned to re-open. However, the site itself has not reflected this as of yet. I did query an editor several weeks previous, but have not heard from him.

Any and all replies are appreciated.

Cordially,

Brevity

PS: I apologize if this is the wrong thread to address. I am fairly green when it comes to message boards.

Last edited:

Monomaniac

(o)
Registered
Reaction score
In regards to Weird Tales specifically, would anyone happen to know if submissions have been re-opened as of January? Their site claims this (January 2011) as the time they had planned to re-open. However, the site itself has not reflected this as of yet. I did query an editor several weeks previous, but have not heard from him.

Any and all replies are appreciated.

Cordially,

Brevity

PS: I apologize if this is the wrong thread to address. I am fairly green when it comes to message boards.

I would wait till they give the official go ahead.

LBlankenship

VPXV 4EVA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lblankenship.blogspot.com
Submitted a story to Weird Tales back on March 7, and somehow got it in my head not to ask about it before 8 weeks... but now I'm trying to double check on that and I can't find it anywhere. Does that sound right to you all?

I did get an auto-acknowledgement and I've checked its status every so often.

eta: never mind, found it. 60 days. I'll give it a couple more weeks...

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted a story to Weird Tales back on March 7, and somehow got it in my head not to ask about it before 8 weeks... but now I'm trying to double check on that and I can't find it anywhere. Does that sound right to you all?

I did get an auto-acknowledgement and I've checked its status every so often.

eta: never mind, found it. 60 days. I'll give it a couple more weeks...
I got a 60 day rejection on one I subbed to them at the end of January. They're generally very good about moving the stories through their slush pile.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I subbed a story to Weird Tales on 2/11...
Status still says received -- hmmmm.
Approaching that sixty day mark!

I subbed a story a year and a half ago by snail mail and never heard anything back. I even sent a query about it six months later, and never got a reply to my email. I'm glad they switched to the online submission form. At least you get a confirmation of receipt now ;-)

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
Also relevant is when they switched owners, the previous editor (who'd been responsible for the editing when the magazine won a Hugo) was replaced. All this latest stuff is a whole new crew.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Ah, this explains why so many other small presses are announcing they'd love to see the stories everyone's been pulling from WM.