Just want to say thanks / Let's hear it for AWers!

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Hi!
I was browsing thru the site, new posts and other popular threads, when I realized how much work must go into this whole forum.

Good lord, everyone involved in maintaining this site: the moderators, participants, newbies, tech guys and gals...I don't even know how many people from that list and more that I missed (sorry this is soooo off the top of my head) deserve huge props and huge hugs because this is just awesome.

Thanks so much for providing this forum!!!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Alas no, but resurrecting random older threads tends to set off spam warning bells! Try not to make a habit of it, please!

-Derek

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Hi!
I was browsing thru the site, new posts and other popular threads, when I realized how much work must go into this whole forum ... Thanks so much for providing this forum!!!

Well, now that it's been necromanced, I want to jump on the bandwagon. I agree completely with the OP. Many, many thanks.

:e2bouncey

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
It's very nearly a small army of terrific people who volunteer their time, energy, knowledge, and expertise to keep AW running.

And that's not even counting the community members who keep coming back, year after year -- the members of AW are integral to keeping this place so terrific. :)

Justin SR

Registered
Reaction score
I feel the same way, I'm not much of a poster here, but I always check back in every once and awhile to look around. Really glad this place exists, so that if I ever do figure this out, I'll be able to tell people who know how hard it was.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad I saw this. I just passed my year anniversary with AW and kept meaning to find a place to say "thank you."

The site has been and continues to be my "go-to" place for information and opinions on the business of writing. So to MacAllister and all her mods, from the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's very nearly a small army of terrific people who volunteer their time, energy, knowledge, and expertise to keep AW running...
I misread this as "a small army of terrified people" and thought, Well, yeah, but I'm not as scared as I was at first.

Maryn, whose task glasses have gone missing

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I'd like to add my thanks. AW broke my isolation. Even though I live 28 miles south of windblown nowhere, AW gave me a place in a community of writers. I cannot stress how important this has been for me. I came out of my shell and started trying because of youz guys.

In my six years here I have been inspired, tutored, encouraged, discouraged, choked up, envious, chastised, heartened, grateful, amused, entertained, saddened, disassembled, pissed off, befriended and taken down a notch or two. I was trolled at least once and catfished a couple of times. I hardly ever get terrified any more.--s6

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh yeah--and in my very early days of Grammy hood I was trying to diaper a squawking 5 month old baby all by myself. The paper diaper was a new brand. It had me totally befuddled. I posted a request for help and the young mothers on AW were right there for me. Within ten minutes problem solved--s6

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ha! You have to live in Ingalls Kansas (pop. 288) for six years before you can touch that line! It's like a rich WASP trying to sing the blues. It don't ring true less'n you lived it!--s6

Last edited:

Lester.J.Blight

Time to put some pants on then...
Registered
Reaction score
Perth, Western Australia, Australia, Planet Earth,
Let's hear it for AWers!

Hello my fellow AW members!

I thought it would be a cool idea to start this post.
Its purpose: to give a big word of thanks to those who have helped you (I know we do it everywhere but I thought it would be great to start a dedicated 'word of thanks' thread) most.

If others would like to join me and thank their 'AW mentors' feel free here, don't be afraid to admit if you were a little heavy handed on the add rep button either!

I will start by giving huge thanks to MacAllister for starting this whole thing up, without you this place wouldn't have been here for me to find!

J.V.C. for Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners and all the people who listen to my bragging and woes of life along with everyone elses.

Rufus Coppertop, Loop, overmortal, Rhea and everyone else who has given invaluable advice to me in the SYW forums.

And all of you snazzy people who have thrown rep points at me. ;)

As well as all the other AWers who have answered my silly and (occasionally) annoying questions posted in the wrong forums and threads.

Let's hear it for AWers!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Check the Bulletin Board Forum- thread captioned Just want to say thanks.

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
It's very nearly a small army of terrific people who volunteer their time, energy, knowledge, and expertise to keep AW running.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mac and your super-duper splendid team. :Hail:

I've said before that I'm convinced Drachen Jager runs the militant wing of AW.:)

I must agree but then again, militancy isn't always a bad thing (says me, who was born and raised in Singapore).

... So to MacAllister and all her mods, from the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU.

And from the bottom of my heart, too.

Thank you, Xie xie nie, Terima kasih banyak and Nanri. That's thank you in Singapore's four official languages.

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
I will just issue a general thank you for this site, the mods and the members. I've learned more here than anywhere else. Thank you all. Sincerely.