Hey from Melbourne!

Furrow

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! :hi:

I've been lurking around these forums for a few weeks now and thought it was finally time to come out of the shadows and introduce myself. This is by far the best community I've found to foster new ideas and writers, and I'm glad that I can be a part of it!

I recently shelved my first manuscript that I'd been working on for a couple of years, and am now trying to distill everything I learned during that process into a new work. You'll mostly find me in the fantasy board, and I look forward to seeing you all down there!

Cheers,
Furrow

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score

OC-138

Registered
Reaction score
Hey mate.

Welcome, good to see another aussie about.

Tezzirax

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Furrow. Are you sure there is nothing you can save from your first manuscript? I had a similar thing happen to me, but I chose to keep the kernel of the idea and restart. I am much more comfortable with the new MS.

CJacobo

Writer of Words, Words, Words
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calebjacobo.com
Hello Furrow, I'm curious what the obstacle was that made you decide to shelve the first manuscript? Was it not fixable, or did you lose interest in it?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Furrow!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I spend a lot of time on the fantasy board, so I'll probably see you there.

Furrow

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes, I appreciate it!

Thanks for the advice Tezzirax. Mine are definitely related works, and I don't feel for a minute that the first manuscript was wasted time. I've ported a few of my favourite ideas (for example the magic system), and even a character or two, but other than that, it's a fresh start! Quite liberating actually.

CJacobo, I think it was just due to my natural progression as a writer and as a person. The story I began writing a couple of years ago is not the story I want to write now. Everything began to seem naive and shallow and actually became quite cumbersome to work with. The ideas that I wanted to implement wouldn't work with the foundations I'd laid in the beginning, and it just seemed more logical to start something new than to try to patch the two together.

So, back in the outlining stage and loving it :D.

Cheers,
Furrow

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

In fact, we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

CALVIN M

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Furrow. Too bad about those two years. I'm sure that once you find the right approach, that you will return back to your work and revise it. Calvin M.

Wesley Kang

the Light of Dawn
Registered
Reaction score
That first MS definitely isn't a waste. Maybe you'll come back to it later with renewed vigor and a fresh perspective.

Welcome and best wishes to you!