Cover artists and designers seeking work

Silverrosess

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Katie, I'm a cover designer and I've been around for about 5 or 6 years now. I own Broken Arrow Designs, and I do book covers, websites, logos and basically everything else (including 'swag') authors need. You can see my work HERE.

My prices for Print On Demand books start at $90 for eBook, $110 for paperback. I've done covers in almost every genre, but YA, fantasy, epic fantasy, Paranormal and anything close to that are my strong points! Contact me at [email protected] for more info :)
x4hit2.jpg
4lk66p.jpg

Last edited:

thenobleartist

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm Jamie, The Noble ArtistI'm a cover artist working mainly in fantasy, sci-fi and horror. I have also worked in the thriller, romance, non-fiction and comedy genres.
I also create maps, character profiles and other interior artwork (and a lot of work for board games too!). You can follow what I'm working on, on Facebook where I post my work in progress.

Image 1 Image 2 Image 3

Every piece of work I illustrate is a bespoke "from scratch design" based on the needs of the author. I'm highly communicative, friendly (some people might even laugh at my jokes from time to time) and have a lot of experience in self-publishing. If you would like some testimonials you can see what loads of authors and other clients have been saying about me over on Linkedin. My rates fall between $600USD- $1000USD depending on the complexity of the design. I do my very best to accommodate the budget of my client, so never be afraid to ask. Contact me at [email protected]

I hope to work with you soon!

15966221_1262310923862123_90218219185120210_n.jpg
16105675_1262311120528770_5559682236081368248_n.jpg
15977435_1262311460528736_9154351161616186684_n.jpg
15966311_1262311580528724_1851480291640476396_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

thenobleartist

Registered
Reaction score
Bespoke covers, interior art and illustrated maps

Hi all!

I'm Jamie, The Noble Artist I'm a cover artist working mainly in fantasy, sci-fi and horror. I have also worked in the thriller, romance, non-fiction and comedy genres.
I also create maps, character profiles and other interior artwork (and a lot of work for board games too!). You can follow what I'm working on, on Facebook where I post my work in progress.

Image 1 Image 2 Image 3

Every piece of work I illustrate is a bespoke "from scratch design" based on the needs of the author. I'm highly communicative, friendly (some people might even laugh at my jokes from time to time) and have a lot of experience in self-publishing. If you would like some testimonials you can see what loads of authors and other clients have been saying about me over on Linkedin. My rates fall between $600USD- $1000USD depending on the complexity of the design. I do my very best to accommodate the budget of my client, so never be afraid to ask. Contact me at [email protected]

I hope to work with you soon!
Image 4
16114176_1262310943862121_8181900744575486126_n.jpg

Image 5

The Dark Rayne

Registered
Reaction score
Cover artist available for commissions

Hello all! I have been doing book covers professionally for over 6 years. Please go through my website to see some of the covers I have done.

Checkout this page with some of the reader comments about how the book covers are helping the sales of the books.
Here are the links to my web pages:

Website
Facebook page
Instagram

The website also includes premade covers.

I am very flexible with payments so all you have to do is initiate a conversation if you are interested. The prices begin at only $350 including typography and stock images.

What all you get for the money:

-A highly customized artwork mixing stock images and digital painting.
-Free revisions. I want you to have a cover that you absolutely love. You pay in 2 parts so you get exactly what you want before you make the full payment.
-Freedom to use the artwork in any way you want pertaining to the promotion of your book.
-The artwork will be exclusively yours.
-Typography with professional fonts including premium ones.

Last edited:

gtbun

Professional Book Designer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
geoffreybunting.co.uk
I haven't used this forum for a long time, as I've been especially busy.

The reason I've been so busy is because I've been undergoing a re-brand. This kind of information is really inconsequential, however, a result of this re-brand is that Geoffrey Bunting Graphic Design is now offering ready-to-publish book covers for the first time in its history (either as The Ugly Tree Graphic Design or Geoffrey Bunting Graphic Design).

It upsets me that so many independent authors that cannot afford tailored covers have to turn to the kind services that proliferate this part of the industry; services that take advantage of these low budgets to sell sub-par work. Cheap doesn't have to mean bad. So Geoffrey Bunting Graphic Design offers genuinely professionally-made covers at prices ranging from $110 to $150. We use an email system to make sure our customers get the same service they would if they were commissioning a bespoke cover. Head over to the site to check it all out.

lynn90

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm Aimee, or as I usually go by, Lyn. I've made book covers for myself for upcoming books I am writing, but have decided to offer my services.
Most of the premade covers are fairly simple for the most part, but custom covers are always a lot more detailed with more images and effects if wanted.

Premade covers will always be $100 or less. Custom covers will vary depending on what you need and I will be more than happy to give you a quote and I will do my best to work on the budget you have!

I am still working on uploading more images of covers for sale and examples.

You can look at my Facebook or my Website

taraesque

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Tara and I am the professional Graphic Designer and Artist behind Capturing Starlight. I am pleased to offer my services as a Book Cover Designer.
For my full portfolio of Graphic Design and Art, please see my website at www.capturingstarlight.com.

I can create book covers as stand-alone novels or part of a series. I provide e-covers, covers for print and social media collateral.
Single covers start at $75.

Contact me via PM or through email at [email protected]
I look forward to hearing from you!

Please see the below examples of my work:

Forest_Cover_1.png
Forest_Cover_2.png
Forest_Cover_3.png

Forest_Cover_4.png

Witch_Cover_3.png
Witch_Cover_2.png

Witch_Cover_4.png

Widow_Cover_1.png

Last edited:

Jagged

Registered
Reaction score
Cover Illustrations for you

Hi all,

I recently turned my attention to illustrating for book covers, having been involved in computer graphics (2D/3D) and other computer imaging related malarkey. My main themes are in sci-fi and horror, as I build up my collection I'll turn my hand to others such as thriller and action. My styles range from 'grungey' (ideal for horror) to vibrant and crisp planetscapes and spacecraft.
I'd like to build up some partnerships with indie authors in particular, and hopefully have such authors consider my designs further down the line.

I'm aiming to start prices at $50 for the grungey and abstract style covers rising to around $100 for the more detailed images. Something I'd like to offer for the higher price range is a degree of customisation, if it's possible then I'll integrate a character type, object or environment for example to make it relevant to the story. Single supplied image will be sized as requested for E-Book or print resolution.

Still building my gallery, here's a small taster of my work, along with more (some pre-mades and some in progress) at https://jagged-edge.weebly.com/

Hope this may be of interest to you.

C G. Banks - Jagged Edge

2x2-gallery_orig.jpg

Woodpig

Reading, writing, drawing, thinking
Registered
Reaction score
Original Hand-drawn and Digital Illustrated Book Covers

Hi everyone,

I'm a writer and professional illustrator (see www.garethsouthwell.com). I've been working in illustration for about 15 years, mostly for magazine and book publishing. I'm currently trying to do more cover design, so for a limited time I'm offering a discount price for self-published authors. For the first 3 customers a single cover (not wrap around) will be $150 (approx. £100). Prices will rise gradually after that (for the next 3, $200; the next 3, $250 - and so on), until we reach the going rate.

Below are some examples of my work - check out my website for more. I also run The Illustrated Book Club, where I discuss cover design and illustrate classic texts, which has more stuff. As I say, these are a combination of hand-drawn and digital art - there are plenty of excellent designers who use stock photography and photoshop for very professional results. But if you want something a little different, with a more distinctive look - perhaps for children's books, non-fiction, or something with an element of humour - then please get in touch to discuss things.

Oliver-cover-400.jpg
Frankenstein-cover-400.jpg
Dorian-Gray-400.jpg
De-Quincey-400.jpg

All the best,

Gareth Southwell.

IraShulevska

Registered
Reaction score
Website
miblart.com
MiblArt is a team of professional book cover designers. We create custom book covers designs as well as illustrated covers in all genres. You can check our works here https://miblart.com/portfolio/

MiblArt offer three book cover design packages:

E-book cover design costs $100
Ready for print book cover design costs $150
The price of illustrated book cover starts at $300
You may check all the details about each of the packages on our website https://miblart.com/

Except of that, we will help you with the design of additional marketing materials such as:

banner design
logo design
bookmark design

Last edited:
Reactions: Maryn

agrikoo

Registered
Reaction score
Art & Design - available for hire

Hello, my name is Agri. I want to share my artwork here. I had worked on some novels, you can take a look at the image below.
You can go to this link below to see my other artwork
https://www.deviantart.com/iamagri

If you interested working with me, please email me at [email protected]
Hope you find my artwork interesting and inspiring.

Cheers :)

https://i.imgur.com/Wk9kxJ7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9nfP8Er.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OEuyyFr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EWTKwnd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5xfsTE8.jpg

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Hello, my name is Agri. I want to share my artwork here. I had worked on some novels, you can take a look at the image below.
You can go to this link below to see my other artwork
https://www.deviantart.com/iamagri

If you interested working with me, please email me at [email protected]
Hope you find my artwork interesting and inspiring.

Cheers :)

Hello and welcome to the forums, agrikoo. I’ve moved your post to the dedicated thread we have for cover artists seeking work.

As per the Art & Design posting guidelines sticky, please reduce the size of your images to an area roughly 400x400 pixels each. Thank you.

EDIT: As it has been more than a week, I have changed the images to links to the images. Please abide by our size requirements in future.

Last edited:

GFXJames

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, illustrator, graphic designer (web and print), 3D generalist (a bunch of areas, almost all) and comic artist (penciller, inker, colorist, not letterist but can do) here.

Having worked before in other fields, looking forward to making some very nice book covers here. :)

Reading the rules, I guess I totally fit in the "Bargain-basement ($50 - $200)" category. :D . I'm quite experienced as a professional, but starting in the writing community/field. So, is kind of fair.

- Price per illustrated cover : 150 $ design/text included. Or 200 $ when asked a wrap around, also all design/text included.
- Styles: Can do many, but I particularly love realism/digital painting. Can do children book style, cartoon, stylized comic, etc.
- Genres : A bit unsure, yet. I know for sure I'd quite fit in mostly in Fantasy, Sci-Fi, historic, current times realism. The rest, I'm not sure, but probably quite a few more.
- Due to theme/genre, or theme treatment, I might not go for just every project. Also, my illustration production is not as fast as my photo retouch ability, so I'll have to choose somehow, anyway.
- I am quite able (has been my profession for many years) to do all with photo retouch and graphic design instead of illustration and painting. But is not my purpose, or not for the majority of the covers.
- In the distant past I have done covers for other types of product, or for books many years ago, my take, my recommendation for it is to focus in one aspect of the book, a significant one, instead of trying to cram the cover with elements. But I will adapt to whichever the author's requirements.
- All usage rights to you, the person buying it, no limits (other than not using as resell as cover or stock art). Limitless for your book to be published.
- The images will be unique, custom made, and only used for your book (my only use will be to show them as my portfolio, the usual thing).
- I might upload a reduced sample to my website and/or social media for promotion.
- I don't claim for royalties, either, of any kind.
- No temporary license, is for ever, and
- I get no right to sell that cover illustration for anything. Never.
- I am not in this as a fast mass producer (I might become way faster if petitions pile up, as then I can balance the load of my other work, dedicate more time to this).
- Initially, my covers will mean a time frame of 3 weeks - 1 month (so, great for people planning, not with an urgent need), done with a lot of care (and passion).
- Could sign a contract or NDA contracts (within reasonable conditions), so that you get peace of mind about usage rights, image exclusivity, etc, if you need it/require it.
- It will be a 300 dpi, ready for print cover, but I'm new to the writing field, I can adapt to any print specs (quite some experience with offset and POD print companies), I just need to be pointed out to the format wished, I'll dig whatever the specs (AMS Kindle, specific size, etc, is something I can deal with once knowing the link for those specs. No hassle for you. I have already those matters a bit located)

I might change these conditions at some point (/s) but never ever during a started and agreed upon project, of course.

For this or other works/petitions, I can do illustration, graphic design (ie, logos, banners, etc) /photo retouch, comics (for themselves or as a vehicle of a novel's promotion) and 3D. And/or any combination of all that (3D stuff would make all more expensive).

As I say, I will start small and slow, testing the waters carefully. :).

The 3D might have sense to show here, as I don't see it crazy to use very realistic renders instead of photos : I can model whatever and do a render. But it might get expensive. Preferring not to set a fixed price for it, as it can vary a lot per circumstances and details. And the main activity, anyway, is illustration. (have done recently board game covers using solely 3D, though :) )

I preferred not to embed here any graphics, as is not too good for the forum board bandwidth. Also, as I believe for my specific kind of images, is better to put a link than 400x400 images. (it's quite fine with me :) ) :

Some of my portfolio samples

Cheers,

Last edited:

RedMargarita

Neck deep in research
Registered
Reaction score
Website
queerstrada.wordpress.com
Hi there! I can make book covers, social media ads, and swag (stickers, poster, etc). My prices range from $80 to $400, and that all depends on the project. I mostly work with stock photos, but I do create my own fonts, to cut down on costs (unless you already have a font you'd like to use). I can make physical covers, but you MUST have the total page count and ISBN number ready for me, in order for me to make you a nice, official cover.

You can see more of my work on my Behance and/or my site. The best way to get in touch is by email: [email protected]. Send me a message, and we'll work together to make your dream cover!

WendyN

8-armed cyborg tree
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, AWers!

After years on the writer side of things and doing a couple of my own self-pub book covers, along with various other graphic design projects, I've been tentatively wading into the world of doing book cover design as a side gig.

Currently, I have both premade covers and custom design options available on my website HERE. Right now, as I'm still honing my skills, I'm focusing only on ebook covers (no paperback/wraparounds at this point, though I probably will branch out to that sometime in the future).

A few premade examples (see more & check availability on my site):

EPIC-FANTASY-SWORD-sm.jpg
Travel-Thriller-Title-sm.jpg
Dark-Fantasy-Angel-sm.jpg
RusticRoad-sm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stardreamer

ahjang

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm primarily a horror artist, whose works are comparable to manga/anime (so, if that's your thing!). Please visit at my IG here ( paper_ache )

My prices are $100 - $250, depending on complexity of the illustration, title treatment (if you want it), graphic design, how many characters, etc, etc. I am open to conversation about the prices, but the min is $100. Currently, I am only taking 5 commissions at a time.

Of course, feel free to skip over if it's not your vibe! Thanks for your time :)

52008762253_8db168c403_k.jpg
52007683547_c06bd4441e_h.jpg
52008710466_0976cdc322_b.jpg

kristina

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristenlee.co.uk
Hello all! I'm a British-based book cover designer and I've been working as a full time cover artist for three years now. I mainly do a mix of romance and fantasy, with sprinklings of all sorts of genres. Below are a few of my recently created premades from this month, for Covember (apparently NaNoWriMo was not enough for me...). Prices range from 100GBP for premades and customs, as well as logo design, product design and plenty of other services to bring your brand and book to life!

b4d0ccb006b858e3999bdb613ef5a559.jpg

Reactions: CWNitz

Lunaryx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LunaryxDesign.com
Hi there,
I'm Julia of Lunaryx Design, a freelance artist who enjoys creating fantasy book covers that have a slightly dark atmosphere but glow within. My biggest passion is artwork that portray characters or objects that give the cover symbolic meaning and at the same time represent the story in a way that fits the author's intent.

I do custom book covers for a rate of $600 for ebooks and $700 for paperbacks at the moment.
With a custom cover you will be part of the process from the beginning of conceptualisation, to the first drafts for you to choose from until the final design. I don't shy away from taking suggestions and explore our artistic options together.

On my website you'll also find a premade cover shop that come with personalisation options.

At the moment I also offer Premade Cover Wishes. That means, you can send me a request for a topic of your choice that you would want to see in my shop. It is kind of something in between my premade and custom cover service.
There is no promise that it will be fulfilled though, but if your concept is chosen, I will notify you and you will be the first person that the cover is offered to. You only pay the cover once you claim it.

custom-fantasy-book-cover-ebook-designer-pricing.jpg
dark-fantasy-artist-narcicisstic-victim.jpg

Fantasy-book-cover-demon-magic-paranormal-romance.jpg
Angel-eden-fantasy-book-cover-art.jpg

Reactions: WriteMinded

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm Julia

</snip>
Welcome to AW.

If you (re)read your regestration materials, you will find the suggestion to wander over to the New Members forum and intruduce yourself to get a lovely welcome basket of links and FAQs.

</edit to snip>

I hope you have a long and enjoyable membership here, I think AW is a wonderful internet space.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lunaryx

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Welcome to AW.

If you (re)read your regestration materials, you will find the suggestion to wander over to the New Members forum and intruduce yourself to get a lovely welcome basket of links and FAQs.

One of the things you will find, which might be in your regestration materials (it's been a long time since I read those) is that while you are encouraged to put links in your sig line, putting self promoting links of any type in your posts is against forum policy. Clicking the edit button will allow you to edit your post.

I hope you have a long and enjoyable membership here, I think AW is a wonderful internet space.
<mod hat on>
On this thread it's okay to post promo links. That's what this thread is for.

As seen in the thread guidelines:
</mod hat on>

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful book covers on this page. Will be needing one very soon for fantasy novel. Now I know where to look. I'm checking out Lunaryx and Kristina's websites.

• Love
Reactions: Lunaryx

Lunaryx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LunaryxDesign.com
@CMBright Hi, thank you! I didn't have so much time yet, but I will also post a more personal entry on the Newbie thread to say hello! :) As well as check out the rest of the forum.

@WriteMinded I'm glad you find something to your liking and would look forward to hearing from you (if I'll be the lucky one :giggle: )!