Cover artists and designers seeking work

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
This is a thread for artists and graphic designers who are willing to make book covers for authors. Absolute Write does not endorse, control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information of these listings.

For artists and designers

Please include your relevant information, at the least a brief description of your favored media and genres and your price range. If you haven't a sense of price range, may I suggest the following categories:

Bargain-basement ($50 - $200)
Low ($200-$500)
Medium-Low ($500-$750)
Professional ($750 - $2000+)

Please link to your online portfolio and / or samples of your work.

You may include a sample image on this thread, provided it conforms to AWAdmin's image guideline FAQs: in brief, no hotlinking except to your own account, site, or blog; no larger than about 400 x 400 pixels; and keep it a small file size.

Last edited:

retropaw

Registered
Reaction score
Children's Illustrations

My other pen's a pencil. (The image below is a link to my site.)

Last edited:

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
I primarily use stock images and Photoshop to create fantastical photographic illustrations. :)

Preferred Genres: YA, fantasy, science fiction, horror... and most anything else. :)

Price Range: See my blog for the most current prices: Book Cover Pricing

Starts at $50.00 for a simple ebook cover, plus the cost of stock images. This package includes an ebook cover (will be formatted based on the services you plan to use it for). There are also packages for print and promotional materials, and more extensive covers, if you're interested in character creation.

Portfolio: http://sbibb.deviantart.com

Examples:

AWcoverex%20-%20400%20px.jpg

SBibb%20-%20LCcoverAW.jpg
SBibb%20-%20MaRcoverAW.jpg
SBibb%20-%20MVcoverAW.jpg
SBibb%20-%20SBcoverAW.jpg

Last edited:

CaPooF

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a graphic designer, and have begun doing book covers. I've only got a few on my website right now, but will be adding more soon.

Since I'm still rather new to this, I will only charge $50 for a basic design. If you want something more complex, I'll charge more, depending on the project. We'll agree on the price in advance.

You can find samples of my work in my online porfolio: cpfdesign.wordpress.com

Editing to add: I am happy to do covers for erotica, explicit or otherwise. :)

Thanks,
Paige

Libbie

Worst song played on ugliest guitar
Registered
Reaction score
I am offering a special on pre-made and custom-made covers. $50 pre-made, custom starts at $100 for a limited time. Check out the link at the bottom of my signature to see more samples of my work.

gr02.jpg

SarahJane

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I've been doing freelance cover art since the spring, mostly working with a fantasy/romance publisher. But I'm willing to do covers in any genre and in any style you'd like.

Click here to see my covers http://sarah-janelehoux.com/Gallery/gallery.htm and here to see my personal artwork http://silverc.deviantart.com/gallery/

Because I'm so new, my prices are cheap: $75 for an ebook cover, $150 for a full wrap. All payments to be made through paypal.

This week (Sept 3-7) I'm having a sale! Only $30 for an ebook cover, $75 for a full wrap.

If you're interested, please send me a PM or email [email protected]

Thank you very much!

Rosalyn_Kae

Better to be forgotten than sued!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deathbyink-rosalynkae.blogspot.com
Graphic Desiger Ready To Work!

Hey guys, I'm a graphic designer ready for some freelance work. My price is $150 and my turnaround rate is currently just under two weeks. For anyone willing to try me out, here's a website with a few sample covers.

website: http://akayrogers.wix.com/rosalynkaedesigns#!home/mainPage

You can either contact me through the website or just PM me here.

Thanks guys!

aibrean

Author, Designer, Imaginative Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilsadowski.com
Hello all. I'm a full-time graphic designer and I've started into book design as I felt it would be best to do my own novel covers myself. My website is http://thedesigner.ws (you can click on samples and view the print section). I have a degree in graphic design, over nine years of experience, and I've received design awards as well (Bronze ADDY's and an Emmy nomination). In 2013 I won an ADDY award for the book design of Lady From Day (in my signature).

As for genre's, I'm pretty open. I don't do erotica or LGBT. Fantasy/Sci-fi is my forte. Two samples are in my signature. I can work with either stock (and I also make sure I have everything fully licensed to use) or I can do a custom illustration (which is much more time consuming).

My rates start at $200 (just the cover using stock). I work in high resolution suitable for print.

Last edited:

MastroRJ

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a professional-grade cover at an affordable price? Check us out below!

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Yeah, I don't really do much book cover design, but I have "experience" in graphic design. Art studio is my minor, anyway. I'm rather experienced with Photoshop. And photography. Some drawing. I have a wacom tablet, but I don't really use it.

Here's something I did when I had free time (I miss having free time).

30dojr.png

Base Rate: $150
Time: 1-2 Weeks

bemota

Registered
Reaction score
I do digitally painted cover illustrations (no photo stock) for a reasonable price between $150 and $250 depending on the job.
My portfolio focuses mainly in fantasy and sci-fi but I'm open to anything.

My portfolio: http://bemota.daportfolio.com/
My work email is [email protected]

And some samples here ("Helminth" and "The Evanesce", both original works):
yq6qu.jpg

Iz07f.jpg

[higher res in my portfolio]

Thank you.

The Dark Rayne

Registered
Reaction score
I am a full time artist who creates book covers for a living. You can check out my work here:
Deviantart gallery
Facebook page

There are lot of artworks in my galleries as potential book covers. The price range for my work is $250 to $600 depending on the complexity of the work. I am very flexible with payments so all you have to do is initiate a conversation if you are interested.

What all you get for the money:
-A customized artwork that may almost look like a digital painting.
-Free revisions. You pay in 2 parts so you get exactly what you want before you make the full payment.
-Freedom to use the artwork in any way you want pertaining to the promotion of your book.
-The artwork will be exclusively yours.
-Ability to give your own photos to be used on the cover that may not look extremely professional but still can be transformed into a beautiful and professional looking cover. (for the exclusivity of the stock images used)
-...and more.

My website: www.thedarkrayne.com

Most of my existing work is in high dimensions & resolution so it can be used for printing as well.

Here are a couple of my artworks for preview of my portfolio:
image #1
image #2

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenHairedGirlie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lizmclelland.com
Hey everyone!
I work in a variety of media, including digital painting, oils, and photography/photo manipulation. Some examples of my work are available on my website www.lizmclelland.com
Turnaround time and price are completely negotiable based on the project. I'd say $50 for a basic cover up to around $500 for a full custom painted cover- but as I said, I'm very flexible on prices. Please contact me at [email protected] if you're interested and we can iron out the details :)
Here are a few samples of my work:
skullsmall.jpg
applesmall.jpg

wolfsmall.jpg
treesmall.jpg

Last edited:

adrijus.g

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a freelance book cover designer, running www.ebookcoverdesigns.net where you can find my work. Current pricing is $125 for an ebook cover, $300 for Print book cover/backcover and $30 for a Facebook Timeline Cover that matches the book (or different).

1. Design delivered in 20 days or less (refund available)
2. 3 initial design concepts
3. Big size covers that work on any screen and fits all Amazon.com's requirements
4. Covers will be readable and look good in the small thumbnail size image that is shown in Amazon.com Listings.
5. 3D mock-up of the book cover for your marketing needs/website etc

To protect myself from being stiffed, I take $50 deposit upfront, rest of payment after the design concept is delivered and approved.

Slide3-400px.jpg

Last edited:

Siduri

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to recommend Jessie Bennett, who created the cover for my first novel:

8043808444_a7ff1c9060_m.jpg

Her rates are in the "low" to "medium low" range, depending on what you want: if you're mostly working from a stock photo it will be on the lower end. I think her work is gorgeous, and she also threw in a couple of banner and button ads for me, for free. Her e-mail is [email protected]. I recommend her really highly, and the only drawback I can think of to mention is that she's not the fastest artist, so keep in touch with her about deadlines.

flowersandmachinery

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hello :) I've done various types of design work over the years including poster and CD art and local book cover projects. I'm branching out into custom book design on a wider scale and am currently taking on freelance work. I can work from stock images or create a custom image for you since I have an extensive background in photography.

Prices are in the $200 and under range for cover design utilizing stock images. Fairly quick turnaround time [usually within days].

Prices for custom photography and design are in the low to medium low range [$200-$750] depending on the project. Turnaround time is 1-2 weeks. It would be an exclusive royalty-free license.

Here are two sample covers I've designed in $200 and under range:

coversample04sm.jpg
coversample05sm_zpseefb2842.jpg

I'm very collaborative, so I can work with ideas you have in mind or we can brainstorm together.

Please contact me if you're interested in working together :)

My photography/cover samples: www.flickr.com/photos/studiofandm
My Guru Profile: http://www.guru.com/freelancers/flowersandmachinery

Last edited:

Scarlett

Registered
Reaction score
SCARLETT RUGERS DESIGN | BOOK COVER DESIGN FOR SELF-PUBLISHED AND INDIE AUTHORS.
Enabling your Professional Publishing Identity.

Book Cover examples.

BOOK COVER PACKAGES:

Milk & Bread Book Cover Package: eBook Cover

Candy Store Book Cover Package: eBook Cover + Front and back cover for POD publishing

Chocolate Fondue Book Cover Package: eBook Cover + Front and back cover for POD publishing + FB Cover Banner + Web Banner

Cocktail Hour Book Cover Package: eBook Cover + Front and back cover for POD publishing + FB Cover Banner + Web Banner + 30 Bookmarks specifically designed to sell your book + A3 Poster for your book promotion

The Banquet Book Cover Package: eBook Cover + Front and back cover for POD publishing + FB Cover Banner + Web Banner + 30 Bookmarks specifically designed to sell your book + A3 Poster for your book promotion + Business Card Design (front and back) + A free paperback copy of 1001 First Lines

<i>I empower you through design, to find your inner power to be a best seller. Take your professional publishing identity to the next level.</i>

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @thebookdesignr
Facebook:Scarlett Rugers Design

Last edited by a moderator:

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
I've been doing bits of design work on an ad hoc basis for a couple of years and now I'm being a bit more intentional about it.

Bargain basement prices for ebook covers, blog headers, website images, promo items etc. Small portfolio here. Willing to tackle anything except horror/erotica (sorry!).

Misa Buckley

Extraordinary Romance
Registered
Reaction score
Website
misabuckley.com
Masquerade Graphics offers e-book and print covers starting from £60 (around $100) with other related graphics such as blog headers and banner adverts also available. I work from stock only (sorry!) but my turn around is quick, usually within a day or so.

I work for Champagne Books as well as freelancing.

7048292047_23ef3a0005_n.jpg
6902200146_b23c0655b3_n.jpg
7515736468_984887961b_n.jpg