About Atlanta Nights...

Status
Not open for further replies.

artoraut

Registered
Reaction score
Atlanta Nights remains one of my favorite anecdotes, even after all the years that have passed since I first saw it described on this site. I was thinking of recording one of my videos to discuss this little tale for my Youtube channel, maybe refresh the minds of the younger people on there, because a story like it is too good to let fade away.

My only real question is whether I'd be stepping on anyone's toes by discussing this. I never knew whether one of the original participants in the incident posted the initial description as to what happened, or if this was just word passing down the grapevine. Does anyone know for sure? Is there someone's position I should get before trying to tell the world (or the three people subscribed to my channel, anyway?)

For the record, yes, I would totally be telling everyone where I first heard the story. And putting a link to this forum on the video, if that was all right. ^_^

artoraut

Registered
Reaction score
Arrrgh... tried the Contact link on the Travis Tea website, but unfortunately the link sees to be a dud; it just took me to the SFWA's website, and poking around there didn't bring me any luck. I do figure that, since the last activity in the Travis Sightings was back in 2006, it might be that they've stopped updating, or even more or less abandoned the persona.

Which just made me realize that, without a Travis Tea master account to contact, I have no bloody clue WHICH Travis I should set about tracking down. It was entirely a joint effort, so unless there was a Commander In Chief I'm not aware of, would I need ALL of them to agree? @.@

...all of this just to talk about what they did on a Youtube video blog! D:

Deleted member 42

Arrrgh... tried the Contact link on the Travis Tea website, but unfortunately the link sees to be a dud

No.

It's a Contact link that opens a mail form. You can send an email from the site.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
I was the coordinator of Atlanta Nights. The idea of doing it was mine; I found the authors, wrote the chapter prompts and character descriptions, and assembled the final manuscript. The entire project took place under the auspices of Ann Crispin and Writer Beware.

Aside from the bit quoted in the reveal, the origin of the project was apparently lost in one or another of the board moves. It was in a thread called "Did PublishAmerica Reject Your Manuscript."

The hoax is revealed: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7036#post7036 (et seq.)

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I Finally bought a copy of Atlanta Nights!!! It was awesome! I laughed during every chapter, except for the computer generated one which I could not finish because it gave me a headache.

My son kept asking what I was laughing at, but couldn't give him many details. He was very amused, however, with the part I shared with him about the penguins of the Sahara.

Yay Uncle Jim! :D

artoraut

Registered
Reaction score
No.

It's a Contact link that opens a mail form. You can send an email from the site.

Erp, sorry; my laptop can be a bit wonky, particularly when it comes to anything beyond simple navigation; all I know is that the link took me to the SFWA's website, and the page it showed had not a mention of Travis Tea on it. x_X No mail form presented itself.

Ah well, moot point now, video's almost done. ^^

Vanayssa

Registered
Reaction score
It's great when we can find good material that makes us laugh. Wish I was better at writing humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.