• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Anyone interested in YA sci-fi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalyn_Kae

Better to be forgotten than sued!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deathbyink-rosalynkae.blogspot.com
Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being a beta for my completed YA sci-fi. It's my first try at sci-fi and I'm really looking for readers who love the genre as well as YA. If you love either one, I'm cool with that. This is soft sci-fi but is bordering a bit on science fantasy. It's 90,000 words. So anyone interested can either PM me or leave me a message here. I don't care which. Oh and below is the first draft query. Feel free to check it out! Thanks! :D

###

Five years after cataclysmic events forced humanity's escape from Earth, Nyx has become mankind's new home.

15-year old Maia Tomei was one of the lucky few airlifted aboard the Wonder to the planet Nyx. This emergency exodus from Earth was supposed to bring new hope for the remaining survivors of humankind, but there’s one problem, humankind isn’t alone on this mysterious cold planet.

On Nyx, Maia is one of five thousand living amongst subzero temperatures and with nothing, but a meager monthly ration of food for every household. When the provisions deplete, Maia is randomly elected and forced from the colony into an unfamiliar wilderness in search of food for the whole community.

Soon after discovering debris from a foreign shuttlecraft, she finds herself prisoner within Pelhoi, a concentration camp constructed specifically for humans where hominoid creatures dubbed, “The Achillai” reign supreme over this parallel world. Lost in transit in this hellish new reality, strength she never even knew she had must be put to good use for not only her survival but for her brothers’ as well.

"In The Mourning," is a character driven YA science fantasy manuscript complete at 90,000 words. Both the fantasy and sci-fi aspects are light and there are elements of romance.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
RK, is the novel a first draft, like the query? (Just asking because I can spot three or four grammatical/punctuation errors in the query, and some beta readers prefer to take on only polished mss.)

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you know where Query Letter Hell is, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.