• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA fantasy writing buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.

bickazer

someday we'll shine together
Registered
Reaction score
Well hi, everyone. So I've been quietly puttering around on my own for a while now, but it's getting a little lonely, so I'm thinking I'm at the stage where I'd like some writing buddies.

I've completed two first drafts by myself, but now I need some extra sets of eyes to help me brush things up to publishable quality. Right now, I'm most interested in my YA high fantasy, BRIGHTMAGE.

I would love to swap; in fact, I'd prefer it. With one caveat: I'd rather swap with people who are writing the same genre and category as me. In other words, YA fantasy. Especially second world/high fantasy. I like to do things at a chapter by chapter basis, and I have a lot of free time and I'm a pretty fast reader. Doesn't matter how far along you are - whether you're editing like me, or have something fairly polished, or are just starting a rough draft.

If anyone's interested, feel free to PM me or reply here. :)

ravaena

Registered
Reaction score
Consider me interested! I have a high fantasy novel that's borderline YA... I hope that's close enough for you? Chapter by chapter works brilliantly for me. If you're interested or want more details first, pm me.

MelodySRV

Registered
Reaction score
I have a YA novel that I can't decide if it's fantasy or science fiction. It has elements of both, but isn't really high fantasy. I'd be interested, as I love fantasy, but it's not exactly what you are looking for.

Ellielle

needs something clever to put here
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested. I prefer swaps too.

I've gotten feedback on my YA fantasy before, but I've been messing with the beginning, so I'm hoping to find a few more readers for it.

You already suffered through two versions of the opening in SYW, so you've got an idea of my writing style/what it's about already.

Let me know if you're interested.

ladysarahii

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I'd love to! I have a YA fantasy I've been working on forever. I've started to query but am now really paranoid, lol. Just let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.