• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta readers for Sci-Fi/Thriller novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNoble

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for anyone interested in beta reading a novel of mine (Surviving The Theseus) -- either the first chapter or two is fine, or if you want to read the whole thing that would be great. To be fair, I've actually had this on Amazon for awhile, but I never took the time to have it beta read previously (just my wife). It was actually edited professionally but I was never comfortable with the job the person did, like they rushed it and only read through it once. So, with that said, I'm looking to do this properly and make it the best I can get it. And that means I need opinions from others who are not afraid to be honest with me.

If you're interested, please let me know, and I'll send you a coupon to get the book for free on Smashwords (free to sign up), and then you can download it in any format you prefer, for the kind of e-Reader you have. Or I can just email it to you in Word format or PDF.

*** NOTE *** There is strong language in this novel, some violence, and although there is no actual sex, one character does graphically explain a situation he was in at one point. Just a warning for those easily offended that this may not be for you (but if you only read the first few chapters you won't get to this part). The book is approx. 60,000 words.

I don't know what I can offer anyone who does this for me, other than if you give me your name I will add it to the acknowledgment section of the book (if you want). Or, if you're a writer, I would be more than happy to beta read something of yours too, if it's a similar type genre (anything horror, sci-fi, or thriller).

Here is a synopsis:

Regina, trained to find the dregs of humanity, trained to kill, is forced into vacation because her peers are getting murdered. At first, the massive cruise vessel she chooses as her resort destination seems ... tolerable, and then, in the span of a few hours, everyone disappears, thousands of passengers vanish.

As Regina explores the ship, not only does she discover pile after pile of clothing and no bodies, she finds a fear not felt for years. Although she cannot know for certain something is there, an ominous orange light appearing out of nowhere leaves little doubt some unseen thing hunts her. And all that is just the beginning.

It is a time of restricted space travel so enforced that almost nobody can veer off course, but nobody knows why. They're about to find out.

Thanks,
Randy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.