What is this album art?

scottishpunk

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a CD at a used music store a while back, and now I'm kicking myself for not picking it up when I saw it. I know nothing about the band or the music (they might not be any good, or they may be amazing for all I know) but the cover artwork was so striking it's stuck with me ever since-- it even inspired a short story. I have tried searching the internet for this image, but not knowing the band name or the album title... well, you can guess how that's gone.

The cover is a cartoonish picture of a robot with an open panel on his chest. In his hand, he's holding his own heart-- a metal, mechanical one, ctill connected to his chest by strands of wire, as if he just reached in and pulled it out. It's a rather sad image, not especially macabre.

Does anyone know what this album is, or the name of the band?

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
The closest thing that I can think of is Queen's News of the World. Which looks similar to what you've described.

DarthPanda

All hopped up on goofballs.
Registered
Reaction score
Silverstein

When Broken Is Easily Fixed

scottishpunk

Registered
Reaction score
That's it, DarthPanda!

For some reason I knew I associated the band's name with one of my favorite books from my childhood, but I'd forgotten which one or what the connection was.

Thanks!

Crash11

Lost
Registered
Reaction score
They are a decent band too, besides having cool cover art. Their later albums were a bit more melodical and tiny bit less screamy, which I think was a positive change.