THE 2006 REJECTION PLEDGE

Nashelle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
uk.geocities.com
I want to take the rejection challenge too. I've already recieved four rejections in the last two months for poetry submissions.

My logic is this. If a writer has to amass x amount of rejections before he/she gets published then the sooner they get them out the way the better!

Firefly

Registered
Reaction score
Before I registered, I'd see the rejection pledges in some people's signature lines, and I became intrigued. I too wanted to pledge. I've got 12 rejections for my novel already.

I will pledge to receive 50 total rejections this year.

Now to find the submission and acceptance pledge threads...

Leggs

Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE it!!! I'm still staggering around in the online-o-sphere trying to figure out how this whole thing works, but I've already begun composing queries, so I should be well on my way to plenty of rejection slips soon.

aric77

Say 'el-lo to the BADGUY!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.3vsevil.com
i'm in

seeing as how i'm just starting out, i'll try for 20 rejections before year's end.:Thumbs:

i'm really eager to get to editting my work over again and sending it out. i know it'll be a hard row to hoe but that'll make it more worth it when i succeed.:Trophy:

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
I have to withdraw my pledge. I have collected a few rejections, however I am more focused on setting up my business right now. My clients haven't rejected my writing yet, so does that count. Of course I could always add up how many people say, "No thank you" or ignore the marketing material. :)

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Great thread, great idea!!

Yes, I am in too.

My goal this year is 25 rejections. I am just starting out.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little late for this year but i will sign up for 2007 :)

MicheleLee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michelelee.net
I think next year I'll do a submission pledge instead. That way at the end of the year I won't be sitting around waiting for a last reject to come in. Also I've had some small presses close on me this year. I can't count it as a reject if the market closed before I got a response.

suelei

At least this makes the rejections a little more fun (if that's possible!!!) I'm just starting out and realize it's pretty late into the year....I'll set my goal for 10. Of course I just got one yesterday!

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
I think I got three rejections and when my edit of this darned short story is finished, I can send it out again. Doubt I'll get a rejection by New Year's Eve though.

bsolah

AW's Resident Commie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.benjaminsolah.com
Ok, it's actually two rejections and a withdrawal due to the fact the editor dropped off the face of the earth.

I think with me getting The Australian Writers Marketplace 2007/08, submissions will pick up; looks like my new years resolutions will be pretty full on.

alisonbruce

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alisonbruce.ca
No news is just no news

I haven't got any more rejections than I had last time I posted. Novel rejections can take a long time. I did plan to submit more short stories this year -- but you have to finish a story before you can do that.

I've been doing more editing this year (professional not self-editing) and I've discovered that it is hard to edit a book and write one at the same time.

Next year I resolve to rediscover the art of short-story writing so I can submitt more often.

barbara

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.mswritesguide.blogspot.com
Hey, all!

I don't think I'm going to get any more rejections than my 71, so while I didn't quite make it, I did sell more than I anticipated -- five more than I thought, so it all averages out. It did make me take more chances and submit more stuff. Instead of being paralyzed by fear of rejection, I went in thinking, "Oh, well, if they reject it I'll just make my quota."

It helped. Thanks! I look forward to 2007!

b.