• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

New Leaf Literary & Media

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I checked to see if this was on the list, and I couldn't find it. But has anyone dealt with this agency?

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/KathleenOrtiz/

Kathleen Ortiz is also listed in the "Ask the Agent" forum, but it looks like she branched off into her own agency. It looks like she's already got great sales.

Anyone deal with her?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
New Leaf is replacing Nancy Coffee Literary. Kathleen, Joanna Stampfel-Volpe, Suzie Townsend, etc. are moving to the new agency, with Jonanna as president / owner; Nancy's retiring.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score

LynneKelly

I am procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lynnekellybooks.com
So are all the clients from NCLit moving with them?

It's up to each client whether they'll stay with them or not, but I'm sure most clients are staying with their current agents. (Unless they were Nancy's, of course-- then they'll either go with one of the other New Leaf agents or start looking for someone else).

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for that info and that link Lachrymal. That really helps. I just sent her a query on Wednesday. She sounds amazing. I read her wish list for YA and hope, hope, hope she wants to see more of mine, but I don't know. Mine is dark and edgy and it's a thriller, but she mentioned twice about it not being paranormal, which mine is, so maybe not.

Anyway, I do appreciate you sharing that.

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
theresabloginmysoup.blogspot.com
Just queried Suzie at the new email address for New Leaf. In her guidelines, it says they have an auto-responder, but I received no such auto-repose. Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe it's not up and running yet?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't recieve an auto-response either. Maybe it isn't on yet. But my email went through okay, so I'm sure yours is fine too.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
No, but I didn't receive that Daemon-Mailer thing, you know that auto reject email? I didn't get that either so I figured it went through.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
There's some internet-service trouble at New Leaf right now thanks to a screw-up from the provider, so I wouldn't be too worried about not getting an auto-response. Follow Joanna, Kathleen, and Suzie on Twitter and you'll be able to see when things get fixed so you can resend.

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah, I saw that on twitter. I figured it was their service, not their server. But it might be playing a factor in auto-responder not working.

One thing I've learned from querying is that your email doesn't have to be rejected via an error message for it to have gotten lost.. so now I'm extra jumpy about it :)

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
I think I read somewhere on Twitter that they only added the auto-responder today? *shrug*

For anyone who's interested, they have their submission guidelines on the agency blog now.

katpaws

writer/fangirl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I can confirm that my query went through despite the lack of auto-responder as I received a full request from Suzie on Friday.
That said, the auto-responder should work moving forward...

lachrymal

Registered
Reaction score
Gravity--I believe each of them also reps certain kinds of adult books, particularly romance, but they each have specific interests and preferences, of course. Suzie's submission guidelines are here, and Kathleen's are here.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Thanks! Good to know she gives feedback. She sounded very excited about my concept in her request email so fingers crossed....

Just so you don't set yourself up, Suzie doesn't always give feedback. I've had fulls with her twice, and the rejections have always been very general.

Does anyone know - has Volpe said she'll reopen to queries in the fall?

The Two Princesses

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Do they have a real website? I attempted to go to the link they have listed on Publisher's Marketplace here but it seems to go somewhere kinda funky... with like an email login.

I'd like to send them a Query, but I generally like to do a little browsing on an actual agency website before I send something off into the void.

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Do they have a real website? I attempted to go to the link they have listed on Publisher's Marketplace here but it seems to go somewhere kinda funky... with like an email login.

I'd like to send them a Query, but I generally like to do a little browsing on an actual agency website before I send something off into the void.

Since they're all super established agents who were all with Nancy Coffey before and other places before that, you should just google the agent/s you're interested in and you will get a TON of articles, interviews, blog posts, etc. They all have really solid web presences. The website is under construction, but believe there's a blog. Can't seem to find it when I google, but I have seen it ...