• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader for mystery novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat160

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta reader (or readers) for my second novel. The story is about the murder of a congressman's daughter and is set in the present day. The novel is pretty much complete at 275 pages and I'm looking for opinions on everything from characterization to dialogue. Thank you!

Carol

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, cat160, and welcome. I see you've been a member for nine months, but this is your first post. Maybe you've already seen my post, if you've been lurking all this time, but maybe not, too.

So I am pleased to meet you, Carol, for real, and direct you to Why I Won't Beta Read Your Novel. It's not that I expect the novel to be poorly written, it's that a beta read is a huge favor to ask when we don't yet know you.

Maryn, knowing you may well get offers

Status
Not open for further replies.