• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Month9Books

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
They're very new but their founder, Georgia McBride, is definitely a well known name thanks to YALitChat. I know Brenda Drake (repped by Lauren Hammond at ADA) sold to them this year, but that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Month9Books is doing well. They have Foreign rights and movie interest in some of their books. There books are being published in ebook first but then print for select titles. Not only that their books are distributed with IPG which is a well known and respected distribution company. In short Month9books would be a great small press to submit to. Go to Publishers Marketplace to find out more about them.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Novella Response Time

Hello,

Anyone know their standard response time? I sent in a requested 12K novella on 10/3. I figured I'd give them 6 weeks before nudging. Do you guys think that's too soon to nudge?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
They requested a partial from me today and said it can take up to 8 weeks to respond

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, btw, they are open to unagented novel submissions again. You can submit on their Facebook page.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Thanks Sage! Eight weeks it is. I also didn't know they had reopened for subs. Last I heard they were closed until March 2013, so that's good to know :D

tprevost

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the response time is for the Facebook submissions? Not the request for pages, but for the actual queries.

WolfeMama

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the response time is for the Facebook submissions? Not the request for pages, but for the actual queries.

I had a response after a week...but this was for their romance line (Swoon Romance).

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I believe that they only respond on FB if they're interested. If they requested from someone who posted later than you, you've probably been rejected.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Did a Facebook pitch this morning--received a request for full and synopsis (yay!)

Keeping all crossables firmly crossed! :).