Hello!

Roxy2233

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am very happy to have found this site and this forum. I've been lurking for quite a while and am just now coming out of hiding.

I am lawyer (eek!) who put my writing on hold during law school and practice. The practice of law just has not gotten it done for me, however. The writing bug won't let go and I can't ignore it! I've been writing short stories and little essays over the years but now am ready to tackle something bigger.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Aryn

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Aryn! Good for you to keep pursuing your writing bug. See you 'round the boards.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Aryn!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Jerrygg

Registered
Reaction score
I have been writing all sorts of things since a teenager. That is almost 60 years ago. I started on an old 1898 underwood typewriter. After 40 years of faithful use, it wore out. I used to type in the basement where I typed and smoked. Sometimes I smoked 5 packs a day. Writing made me feel better.I tried to solve the universe in my work but in the end I did not succeed in the mind of others.
The law will give you a living. The writing will give you some meaning to your existence. Good luck.

CJuckette

Registered
Reaction score

Hello! My name is Cindy and am so grateful to have found this forum.

I have wanted to publish for years and have now taken the leap to self-publishing my first children's book, Pockets. I am in the process of setting up my web-site and will post here as soon as it's ready!

I have tons of questions but will look through the forums before I bother anyone with repetitive stuff!! :)

Very excited to get to know all of you here! Have a great day!