Hello there everyone!

-Ayla-

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a college student and I just joined today after finding you guys during my very unproductive working lunch hour :D. I'm really glad I did and look forward to becoming part of the community!

I've been writing short stories and poems ever since I was a little one but somehow lost my way during university and my writing ground to a halt.

Now I have made myself find time to write again and have finally started the fantasy novel that has been ghosting around my brain for the past few years. I would love to someday get it published.

I read almost all genres but mainly favour science fiction and fantasy.

I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys and improve my writing.

Thanks for having me here!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Tiarnan_Ceinders

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Ayla,

I knop what you mean about getting derailed after college. I had the same experience. Granted, mine took me into the field of comedy only to lead back to writing, but still. Life happens.

Cassiepoe

New Fish; Eager to Swim
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.singularitycity.net
I've been writing short stories and poems ever since I was a little one but somehow lost my way during university and my writing ground to a halt.

Now I have made myself find time to write again and have finally started the fantasy novel that has been ghosting around my brain for the past few years. I would love to someday get it published

I'm sure noticing this is common for a lot of us -- we wander away from our writing for a while and eventually come back to it -- so you are not alone! Welcome.

Tiarnan_Ceinders

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Ayla,

I knop what you mean about getting derailed after college. I had the same experience. Granted, mine took me into the field of comedy only to lead back to writing, but still. Life happens.

Just ignore the shit out of this. I can't read nor think straight when I'm this tired. Just accept my warm welcome. :)

soulred

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and good luck with your novel! There's nothing like that feeling you get when you finish your first book. Well, maybe getting it published I would imagine lol.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the cooler, Ayla. It's super here and sure you'll get lots of great and helpful information.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ayla!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

KillingAurora

...with fire.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! We can be secretive and shy girls who write together :D