• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

DragonEye Publishing (formerly In Search of the Universal Truth Publisher / ISOTUT Publisher)

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
em, am I out of touch, or doesn't the title of this, (sigh) publisher, by itself, reveal all?

I mean, what is universal truth, if ye foller me?

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
em, am I out of touch, or doesn't the title of this, (sigh) publisher, by itself, reveal all?

I mean, what is universal truth, if ye foller me?

Yeah, that was my thought as soon as I saw the name.

Who was it that said: "Seek the truth, and run like hell from anyone who claims to have found it"

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Michael Kiser is yet another vanity press victim (or, to be precise, almost-victim) who decided to go into the business himself. After all, you don't need to know anything about real publishing to set yourself up as a publisher, do you?

In the summer of 1987 I started writing a book about my understanding of the spiritual growth of evolution. I had sent it off to a few publishers in 1988 and 1989. Only one was interested in the book. The publisher who that interested would have published my book if I paid them $9000 to publish it. At that time I did not have the money.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1615000003/?tag=absowrit-21

(More stellar editing by Heidi Erikson.)

I don't know who that publisher was but it wasn't interested in his book - it was interested in his money and would have published virtually anything, just as ISOTUT never turns authors away if they can pay. The fact that Mr Kiser's company charges a fraction of that fee doesn't make it any more respectable.

SandraRainsDeBusk

Registered
Reaction score
Awful Publisher

OMG! I am so so sorry for ever recommending this company!
Michael is an awful person. he is vindictive, spiteful, sneaky and rude. Last but not least he is my least favorite atheist. He mocks God and makes fun of anyone who believes in Him. Including me.

He rearranged and changed contracts that I signed with him. A total of 3. And then said "I don't care if you like it or not."
I complained about the lack of editing in my books and he threw a fit, telling me that I was too picky and out of line in complaining. He wanted me to beg my friends to buy my books, and I refused. I am ashamed of those books. The editing is Atrocious, and it looks like a 3 year old got a hold of them.

He now has canceled my contracts but says that he is keeping my books and selling them, and will keep the money from sales.

Hello Sandra, welcome to Absolute Write. I take it you are Sandra Rains DeBusk, author of several titles published by ISOTUT.

As you point out, it's easy to make mistakes. It's easier still to make typos.

We have one rule here: Respect Your Fellow Writer.

What can you tell us about ISOTUT? I'd particularly like to hear about the editing because I've had a quick look at a couple of your books and there are errors which shouldn't be there.

Also: Link to ISOTUT (as the above doesn't work)

SandraRainsDeBusk

Registered
Reaction score
AliceShortCake

Sandra, I'm intrigued by the review printed at the beginning of your book Alien Harvest. It's credited to:

I'm quite sure this book was never on the New York Times Bestseller list:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IJ4BLY/?tag=absowrit-20

According to Only A. Guy's publisher, VIP Ink:

And to echo Theo81's question, the editor of Alien Harvest is credited as Heidi Erikson. If this is typical of what ISOTUT's authors are paying for I have to say that they are being robbed - it doesn't begin to approach a professional standard.

My bad. Alien Harvest is actually a good story completely destroyed by ISOTUT Publisher Michael Kiser and his idiot editors. Oh My GOD! I will never live it down.
I am so sorry that I came across as a smart Alec before. I'm not, I was just extremely stressed about the NEW and Improved bad reviews on that book in particular.

SandraRainsDeBusk

Registered
Reaction score
Respect

OMG! I am so so sorry for ever recommending this company!
Michael is an awful person. he is vindictive, spiteful, sneaky and rude. Last but not least he is my least favorite atheist. He mocks God and makes fun of anyone who believes in Him. Including me.

He rearranged and changed contracts that I signed with him. A total of 3. And then said "I don't care if you like it or not."
I complained about the lack of editing in my books and he threw a fit, telling me that I was too picky and out of line in complaining. He wanted me to beg my friends to buy my books, and I refused. I am ashamed of those books. The editing is Atrocious, and it looks like a 3 year old got a hold of them.

He now has canceled my contracts but says that he is keeping my books and selling them, and will keep the money from sales.

I do respect my fellow writers. I am so sorry if I seemed not to. I KNOW how hard it is to write a complete story and then have some lame half baked pit stop like Michael get a hold of your work. It's terrible.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Welcome back :) Admitting someone pulled the wool over your eyes is one of the hardest things to do. When you're in the first flush of an acceptance you don't want people questioning it, criticising it, but once you've realised their questions have merit coming back to admit it takes some real humility.

If he's cancelled your contracts but is still selling your books, you can send DMCA notices to the sellers showing the rights have reverted to you and they'll take the books down.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You could also contact Victoria Strauss at Writer Beware! and let her know.