#WVTP

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else pitching today on Twitter? How'd you do?

I netted a request with this one.

Earth is off-limits to normal humans—it's live in the skies or die. 18 Y/O K is in deep trouble, and he's about to be grounded. #WVTP

There's still time if this is the first you're hearing of it, rules are simple, post your pitch on twitter with the #WVTP hashtag and watch for requests. You can pitch multiple manuscripts multiple times (though don't go spamming like crazy).

Rules are here http://monibw.blogspot.ca/

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I wish this was happening in like a week. My MS is only days away from being done. Although I guess I could just enter and see what happens, and then if I got a request, quickly finish this revision and send it in a day or so.

ETA: Darn, I think it's over. I should have remembered this an hour ago!

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
I think you still have one more hour Becca. Some agents have left, but not all.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
*runs to slap together Twitter pitch*

ETA: Okay, tweeted it! There are some really good ones one there. I wish I could request to read some of them XD

Last edited:

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I pitched this morning, and will probably send it out a couple more times to see what happens. I was on Team Krista, so I figure most of the agents who've been swimming around have already seen it there. Maybe I'll hit a couple new ones though!

Here's my pitch: Electrokinetic thief, Pollock, hunts her parents' killer, but just became the prey. She must find him first, or be his next victim.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
None from the twitter pitch party. I had a partial from the regular contest though. *crosses fingers*

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
No luck from #WVTP but I had two partial requests from The Writer's Voice. (Team Cupid!) Admittedly, I've only sent one in; the other required a synopsis which I've yet to write and am just praying I can get done tomorrow. (The agent I did send to has already requested a full though, so fingers crossed!)

For what it's worth, this was my pitch:

Ally's BFF's dating her co-star for the tabloids, but he's all Ally's behind the scenes. Too bad secret romance is breaking her heart.

AmandaS

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't participate, but I loved reading the pitches. There are several I wish I could read in full!

This pitch in particular caught my attention. (It reads: A boy trading places with a parallel-world version of himself is caught in a bizarre love triangle when they fall for the same girl.)

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
This pitch in particular caught my attention. (It reads: A boy trading places with a parallel-world version of himself is caught in a bizarre love triangle when they fall for the same girl.)

Yes! I loved that one! I think a couple agents requested it, didn't they? That's definitely something I would read, so I hope it's good!

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
There were surprisingly few requests I thought. It seemed each of the agents only picked three to six, when there was a pool of several hundred pitches to choose from.

I hope they do it again, that was one of the more fun contests I've entered.

AmandaS

Registered
Reaction score
Yes! I loved that one! I think a couple agents requested it, didn't they? That's definitely something I would read, so I hope it's good!

Yes, I think the writer had three requests! I'm following her on Twitter so I can be kept up-to-date if it's published. I hope it's good, too!

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I want to follow too. What was her handle? (I'm lazy and don't feel like digging back through all the entries, haha).

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
I did this too, didn't get an requests though.

What made it hard, I think, was that you don't have enough room to explain genre. John Cusick was looking for YA, and there were some he thought were adult and almost didn't bother. He eventually asked, just be sure and they were YA. I'm sure there were others who missed his request because he didn't know it was YA.

Vickie Motter however didn't seem intersted in YA at all (some cont. maybe nothing paranormal or fantasy)

And Vickie Motter said there were some she wouldn't request without seeing a full query.

Most agents said even if they didn't request from the pitch they'd still welcome queries.