• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] The Blair Partnership

Girl Friday

Word Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Queried (MG fantasy): 22/05
Full request: 22/05
Nudged: 10/8
Nudged with offer: 29/8
Offered rep: 3/9

I went to meet Zoe at their offices, was very impressed with her and the agency, and am thrilled to say I'm now her newest client! Yayy!!

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! How exciting!

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Queried (MG fantasy): 22/05
Full request: 22/05
Nudged: 10/8
Nudged with offer: 29/8
Offered rep: 3/9

I went to meet Zoe at their offices, was very impressed with her and the agency, and am thrilled to say I'm now her newest client! Yayy!!

That's so exciting, Girl Firday! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :partyguy::D:hooray::PartySmil

Australian River

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried this agency in the past few months?

They say their waiting time is 8 weeks, and they prioritise exclusives.

I emailed a query as an exclusive, and not only did I not hear from them earlier than 8 weeks, but not even within that time frame :) It's been ten. nudged but no answer in 2 weeks.

Any similar feedback?

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I got a form rejection after a month. They never responded to the first query I sent.

everhope7

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried them lately? I was just wondering about response times.

Erin Latimer

Stay in and write.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know how I should address a query if I'm sending one there? Should I just address it to Neil Blair? I read through the agent page, but there doesn't seem to be any detail about who likes to read what. Just addressing it to "The Blair Partnership" feels a little strange.

everhope7

Registered
Reaction score
I addressed it to Zoe and Liz, but I haven't heard from them I don't know if that was the best route.

DreamBig2014

Copywriter / WF & NA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I queried them back in May and in August I received a full request, but they didn't mention an exclusive. From reading this thread it appears it typically takes several months to hear back from them regarding a decision/feedback. I'm good with that. In the meantime I get to live in the happy "maybe land" bubble while I work on my new MS. They seem like a top notch agency, I'd be thrilled to work with them.

Eclairs19

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, has anyone had any experience with them lately? Has anyone acquired representation?

Nickman

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's been going on at The Blair Partnership?

The Blair Partnership (JK's agents) seem short of a number of their clients and one of their agents, Liz Bonser, who was only promoted from agent assistant to agent recently. Get a feeling something has happened, like a big falling out?

Last edited:

Nickman

Registered
Reaction score
The Blair Parnership

Does anyone know what's been going on at The Blair Partnership?
The Blair Partnership (JK's agents) seem short of a number of their clients and one of their agents, Liz Bonser, who was only promoted from agent assistant to agent recently. Get a feeling something has happened, like a big falling out?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Going to move this thread to the extant thread in Bewares:

<link snipped>

Last edited by a moderator:

TRA737

Registered
Reaction score
I queried them with a MG on October 30, 2017. I received a full request within six days, asking for a four week exclusive. (I don't normally grant exclusives, but I made an exception.) They extended the exclusive another two weeks, but it expired right before Christmas. The last I heard was that the person who read the book loved it and wanted several of the other members of the agency to read it.

Last edited:

Winfred

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

Does anyone know about when they start their business day? Did you address your query letter: "Dear Mr. Neil Blair and Staff"? I'm wondering if that's a good way to start my query. Thanks for any advice!

Sincerely,
Winfred

Elle.

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

Does anyone know about when they start their business day? Did you address your query letter: "Dear Mr. Neil Blair and Staff"? I'm wondering if that's a good way to start my query. Thanks for any advice!

Sincerely,
Winfred

Not sure how the start of their business day is relevant but it's a UK-based agency so they should start work at 9am. I would address the query to the agent you think is the most relevant, otherwise have you thought about posting your query in the Query Letter Hell thread? You can get some very valuable feedback and make sure your query is in the best possible shape to catch an agent's interest.

kajjosh

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Has any one here received an offer of rep from this agency in 2018? I got a full request asking for a four week evaluation period. I waited for five weeks before nudging them. It's been more than two weeks since I sent out the nudge but no response so far. Should I consider the silence as a sign of rejection? This period of ambiguity is tough. Is there anyone else on this boat?