• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Annie Bomke Literary Agency

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like she sold a work of non-fiction to a division of Penguin.

I queried her today because I have something that fits her #mswl.

nealraisman

tenured at Mammon U
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will check the web site out. maybe mine will be her first sale?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A three-book deal to Kensington in October, but that's it.

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com
Anything new on this agent? She liked one of my tweets from a pitch thingy about a month ago, and I sent the requested materials but haven't heard back.

Update: Rejection arrived shortly after I posted this.

Last edited:

musicblind

May Cause Damage
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have anything new about this agency?

Her MSWL page has me wanting to query her, but I was told to check out everyone on Absolute Write before sending them queries. She seems like a really nice person on twitter.

katfeete

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sunsetgrillcomic.com
She’s still doing deals at least. From this month’s Locus:

DAVID VALDES sold YA time-travel novel Spin Me Right Round (‘‘An Own Voices twist on Back to the Future’’) and a second title to Allison Moore at Bloomsbury Children’s via Annie Bomke of Annie Bomke Literary Agency.

(Also, I’m wishlisting that book.)

Last edited:

Mevrouw Bee

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Annie Bomke back in January and never got a response of any kind. This may say something about her, or it may say something about the effectiveness of my query letter.
How many agents have you queried? Many never respond. Some say on their websites that they only reply if interested. Some say nothing. But assume they may not respond unless their website explicitly says they respond to all queries.

Annie's actions (or lack thereof) are completely within the norm.

Reactions: Gramps

DavidLeeHolcomb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.turningupbones.com
How many agents have you queried? Many never respond. Some say on their websites that they only reply if interested. Some say nothing. But assume they may not respond unless their website explicitly says they respond to all queries.

Annie's actions (or lack thereof) are completely within the norm.
I understand that. I didn't mean to imply criticism. I've been "ghosted" by a good dozen or so agents, so I know it's standard practice. I simply presented my experience in response to the question for information about interactions with her.

Reactions: Gramps

Mevrouw Bee

Registered
Reaction score
I understand that. I didn't mean to imply criticism. I've been "ghosted" by a good dozen or so agents, so I know it's standard practice. I simply presented my experience in response to the question for information about interactions with her.
I wouldn't worry about reporting stuff like this. Just the unusually good, unusually bad or unusually unusual!

goddessofgliese

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katechenli.com
Obsessively! Nothing from her to date. Should I send a follow up email? I would think that was bad etiquette, but I really don't know all the rules
She might just mean that she will respond within 8-12 weeks if she wants to request more materials. Personally, I would just take it as a "no" and let it go. But it never hurts to send a follow-up email as long as you are polite. What's the worst that could happen?

Reactions: Mevrouw Bee

Gramps

Endless imagination brings limitless nightmares
Registered
Reaction score
Should I send a follow up email?
Send her a smoke signal to the four winds. Scratch that Canada beat you to it. Bad etiquette is the rule of the day, but it sounds as if you're experiencing what the learned ones deem the norm.

At least you are reporting that the status quo is still in place. good to know!

DavidLeeHolcomb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.turningupbones.com
Send her a smoke signal to the four winds. Scratch that Canada beat you to it. Bad etiquette is the rule of the day, but it sounds as if you're experiencing what the learned ones deem the norm.

At least you are reporting that the status quo is still in place. good to know!
Thanks for the advice. She also offers critiques of query letters, so I think I'm going to have her do mine. It will be instructive to find out exactly what it was about my query that turned her off.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. She also offers critiques of query letters, so I think I'm going to have her do mine. It will be instructive to find out exactly what it was about my query that turned her off.
It might be nothing to do with your query letter, and everything to do with the market and her contacts at moment.

Have you spent some time in QLH yet? That also has some excellent critters.