The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGwenn

Rollin' Boulders, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Kris- Not being blest with BOOKs I can say... the elastic heavy styles that are popular right now are gawdawful to me. If I can't be busty, I should at least have the advantage of being perky and not have the girls dragged down to who-knows-where by overzealous spandexification.

Sorry, boys .

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking at those shoes off and on for a while now. Which style do you have, Lisa?

I'm not Lisa, but I wear the Vibram Fivefingers Bikala LS style. Love love love them, and I'll second OL that my posture is so much better in just the short time I've been wearing them.

Finding a full-figure sports bra that works, fits, and doesn't smoosh you into a uniboob is always a pain in the ass. Sometimes I wear a regular bra underneath just to keep the damn things separated.

Keeping in mind that I'm not overly blessed in the BOOK department, why do women worry about whether or not a sports bra gives them uniboob? I don't wear it for fashion, so I guess I'm not sure what the big deal is. Is this another of my being-a-girl fails?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Keeping in mind that I'm not overly blessed in the BOOK department, why do women worry about whether or not a sports bra gives them uniboob? I don't wear it for fashion, so I guess I'm not sure what the big deal is. Is this another of my being-a-girl fails?

One word: Sweat.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm quite generously endowed, and The Kid's got the biggest books of anybody I know personally. We wear the same brand sports bra--I wore mine just today--but damned if I can remember the brand. It wasn't cheap, I remember that.

Really, 500 miles on shoes? I'd heard 700, and I'm overdue even on that basis. I should order myself yet another pair of Saucony Shadows.

Maryn, whose shoes lost their poofiness a while ago

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
On another note, my mind was boggled by an editorial on j3z3b3l that claimed that 95% of women look bad in strapless dresses. WH-A-A-T? I get that strapless is a challenging style for those of us with big books, but shoulders and arms with no straps look so lovely I think in a strapless style-- on a lot of different body types. Am I crazy?

WEll, I can't speak for everyone, but I personally look horrific in strapless styles. The reason has less to do with the DD's and more to do with the fact that a straight horizontal line across the front of my body NOT in the narrowest place (i.e. the waist) only serves to widen me. The eye is drawn across the wide expanse of my chest and it actually makes me appear WIDER than I am.

Which should never, ever happen.

Now, if you took the exact same dress and sewed a halter neck strap on it, voila! Instantly flattering. The boob support hasn't changed at all, just the way the viewer's eye is drawn to the lines of your body.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Hm, shoes. Don't much care for them, but boots, boots I like (I think I have about five pairs :tongue) Also Converse. Next time I go to England, I'm so taking my Docs. Because they can withstand crazy UK weather, meaning lots and lots of rain and I can easily climb up to Irish castles in them. ;)

Dieting. Meh. Honestly I grew up with my mother constantly lecturing me about how I was too fat and what not to eat and how much exercise to do, I pretty much ended up going so crazy about this that I basically ended up with an eating disorder at the age of 16, always hating the way I looked. Now I'm pretty much okay, except for the occasional fat day. I like chocolate, but I also like the healthy stuff. Also, I'm now mourning the fact that we don't have a Nando's around here. *craving mango lime chicken, dammit*

My happy for the day: I woke up to a big envelope in the mail from the faculty of my teaching program, congratulating me on having been selected as an outstanding student of the program. Professor Honor Roll and shiny certificates that I hoard like a BAMF in my teaching portfolio. Pretty damn pleased with myself, given what a hard time I've had going all kinds of existential crisis all through this semester. Apparently I really convinced Cool Prof along with Evil Prof, who seem to have nominated me. The latter I consider serious win, because you just could not do anything right for Evil Prof.

So yeah, I has a happy. Along with a really nice bonus check from work, my week just took a turn for the better. :D

ETA: I'm with Blond, I look terrible in strapless dresses. Halter though -- epic with an extra bonus of showing off my tattoo. :)

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com

I don't give a shit what my boobs look like when I'm working out, as long as they aren't flopping around all over the place.

But only when I'm working out. I can't wear sports bras or tanks with shelf bras out and about. Aside from the lack of support, I just find it unflattering on my body. Which definitely sucks with summer styles, but oh well. Gotta work with what I got!

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I only have big books because I need to lose weight. Sports bras, ftw.

I bought yet another pair of shoes. (This brings me to maybe 9 or10 pairs in sport shoes. What??!! I need different colors to match my clothes and some I didn't like after I bought them.)

I blame Blond for bringing up shoes and Lisa and Tas for encouraging me in Vibrams. :p And they were on sale!!!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Howdy.

I repped a couple of you but I have the V1bram's Sprint's. Easier to get on (when you aren't used to them) than the KSO. You can often get them on sale, but it's important to try them on -- different sizing than what you might be used to.

I think I accidentally took 2 Benadry1s. I need for at least one of them to wear off. Tripping.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Vibram Sprints. :D 40% off. I've been waiting for the prices to finally come down. Hope I ordered the right size. I spent forever reading and researching and measuring my feet like 5 times.

Nuh-uh, I'm not obsessive, I'm simply very, very, very, very careful. :e2paperba

ETA: Eeek, Lisa, now I really hope I didn't screw up the size. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dys repped you the link. It's also on FB cause I shared.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of, I need to get me some new shoes for work. Though they'd probably frown on toe shoes. Hm. ;)

Caleb and I work for a bank, and we've gotten away with it so far. Unless it is specifically banned in the dress code, I say go for it.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sweat. Heat bumps and chafing. All the discomfort of sweaty asscrack, but up high and in front. It feels disgusting.

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
WEll, I can't speak for everyone, but I personally look horrific in strapless styles. The reason has less to do with the DD's and more to do with the fact that a straight horizontal line across the front of my body NOT in the narrowest place (i.e. the waist) only serves to widen me. The eye is drawn across the wide expanse of my chest and it actually makes me appear WIDER than I am.

Which should never, ever happen.

Now, if you took the exact same dress and sewed a halter neck strap on it, voila! Instantly flattering. The boob support hasn't changed at all, just the way the viewer's eye is drawn to the lines of your body.

Hmm, see, I think that an individual saying "I don't like the way it looks on me" is one thing, but a supposedly feminist website running an opinion piece saying "women wake up, this looks bad on you" is kind of different. Part of it was about women not being able to find other styles for wedding dresses, but part of it was that kinda b1tchy sorority-girl thing.

I think you do a sensational job dressing for your particular bod, Blond, FWIW. I wish I was as good at that. I'm getting better.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
blondie i totally agree.
my best cut is strapless straight across
(versus heart shaped bustline).
very flattering for flat chested broad
shouldered me.

i never wore strapless as a young woman
cause i didnt know i could hold it up. ha!
i'm slender but not as petite now.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if this discussion sets a record for most posts on one subject...and most time where purgie men are conspicuous by their absence! Poor souls. Are they lurking and taking notes or supremely bored, concerned they may be absorbing estrogen through computer osmosis and have gone off to watch hours of brawling hockey players and cage fighting to restore some testosterone balance. :D

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
no blue, we shared birthin' laboring stories
once, i think. =) i might have mentioned placenta.
or someone certainly did. haha!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Dys, the five fingers probably are not the best for teaching -- unless you like standing barefoot. I wear them for walking and just love them for that.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Let's see what Purgatory has in store for me tonight.

*checks last few pages...*

ETA: Wow, what a coincidence! When I met up with Rick all we talked about was shoes, sports bras and sweaty ass cracks. Awesome!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not fond of strapless but that was the rage late '80s-early '90s when I wore lots of formal dresses and most of them were strapless. I have gained a cup size per decade since those days and I can't imagine it would look better on me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.