Name of an old movie

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
Can anyone give me the name of an old movie in which the guy must leave his love behind and he gives her something material to remember him by? I'm looking for something in the 1940s-'60's.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You probably need to give us more information. In a lot of old movies a guy gives his girl something to remember him by while he's away at war or whatever. And a girl will give her guy a lock of her hair or a photo; later on in the movie the guy will look longingly at the photo, or it will be found on his body after he's dead.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
One of my favorites is A Love Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Carr. The memento is not given as something to remember him by, but works out that way (until he finally finds her again). Puma

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
OOOO!! Puma!! That's really what I'm looking for. Like jewlrey, picture, some token. thanks!!

One of my favorites is A Love Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Carr. The memento is not given as something to remember him by, but works out that way (until he finally finds her again). Puma

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
Like the guy is leaving for the war, so he gives her something to remember him by, like a token thingie. :)

You probably need to give us more information. In a lot of old movies a guy gives his girl something to remember him by while he's away at war or whatever. And a girl will give her guy a lock of her hair or a photo; later on in the movie the guy will look longingly at the photo, or it will be found on his body after he's dead.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I suggest you look up as many RKO, Republic and classic (pre-1950) WB movies as you can. Not only do they have some of the best scripts, actors and cinematography you will ever see, they are also an invaluable resource of historic social customs.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
not in your time range, but they say (some of them do, at least) that every passionate parting scene is based on King Vidor's the Big Parade, 1925 (silent), where the woman chases the soldier going off to war and he begins tossing her tokens, anything he can think of, really. It's pretty touching and you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrfnR2ybDiw

bchrumby

Registered
Reaction score
Slight edit here: I believe the movie is actually called "An Affair to Remember," so if you do choose to use that one, keep that in mind :) Good suggestion!