• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Beta Reader, Contemporary Fantasy, 104K Words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm once again crawling out of the Cantina in the Fantasy/SF board to see if there are any patient and curious readers that would be willing to take a look at my novel. It's a fantasy in a modern setting, but less the investigative Dresden/Blake sort of thing, and more "the world is a weird place" Sandman/Weaveworld kind of thing. There's a fair amount of violence, a lot of profanity and a little bit of sex in it.

I'm looking for the usual kind of beta read, people that can point out character in/consistency or credibility issues, the flow of the plot--or lack thereof--and course, style problems where I may have blundered into using too many passive sentences, or gotten repetitive with sentence structure without realizing it.

For those interested, the first chapter is already available for a quick peek in SYW here:

SOURCE

If you're interested just send me a PM and I'll get back to you with details. Thanks very much for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.