Kindle for PC Problem

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I keep having the same problem with my Kindle for PC. Sometimes when I try to open a book it will give the following message: [Kindle] is unable to open this book. Please delete from Kindle and re-download.

Why is it doing that? It's done this with a lot of books, including ones that I've actually gotten from Amazon. Thankfully, all of them have been free reads, but still.

Thanks.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you downloading to the right format? I'm not trying to be offensive, just asking. This is a little like asking someone if the TV is plugged in if it's not working.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
I'm downloading directly from Amazon, and it says it is(or should be anyway) on my Kindle for PC. I just click the "1-Click-Buy" button on the side. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Where do you change the format for your book at?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Log in and go to Your Account, then to View Your Digital Orders, then to Manage Your Digital Orders. You should see your digital titles, and a pull-down to the right that allows certain actions. For example, you select Delver To My . . . for an item, it will then show that item and give you some additional options such as Deliver to my Kindle, or Deliver to my Kindle PC, or Deliver to my Kindle for PC II.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have any problem just bringing up the Kindle program on your computer? That is, everything seems to be working on the books you've previously downloaded?

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
Do you have any problem just bringing up the Kindle program on your computer? That is, everything seems to be working on the books you've previously downloaded?

I can open the program, and my previous downloads now work fine. However, anything new so far hasn't come in. I can try opening it again, and see if it will update/sync or whatever.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Open the program, Silver, select Tools, click on sync/check for new items (something like that). I had the same problem a while back and that seemed to take care of it.