• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Need a mentor or writing friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsiquet

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Gang,

So I decided to start writing a novel this year, and am pretty committed to it. I thought it would be a thriller, but I'm starting to think this may be more of an adventure novel of sorts.

I really think I need either a mentor or just a writing pal who would be willing to look at things like plot consistency, or brainstorm on story issues etc.

There's a sample of my writing style in the mystery/thriller/suspense section. It's titled "Circus Peanuts" and is one chapter from the story if you want to get an idea of my writing style or experience level. Here's a link to the latest rework at post #21 in that thread.

I'm looking for someone who is also committed to turning out a complete work over the course of the next 6 months to a year or so. I'm determine to make a real go of this, so it's not a casual thing for me.

I'd be happy to reciprocate with criticism, help with plot or story ideas, consistency issues, etc.

Anyway, PM me if you're interested and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Russ
PS: I think I'd be best in terms of helping out with another thriller or mystery or adventure novel, and could help with science fiction as well as I enjoy reading that. I wouldn't be much good for someone writing romance or YA or fantasy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.