• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency/Packager] Stonesong

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Not super recent, but I queried last May and got a full request from an intern. Received a brief personalized rejection (from intern) about 2 months later, mentioning that they thought they would have difficulty marketing the satirical elements...

airandarkness

Registered
Reaction score
Emmanuelle Morgan liked one of my SFFPIT tweets back in December and I queried her then; she got back to me a couple weeks later with a form rejection. I know agents tend to prioritize queries requested from pitch parties, so I can't really speak to her usual response time frame.

I had also queried Alyssa Jennette with the same project a couple of months prior, and never got a response. I queried Madelyn Burt with a new project back in April, and she got back to me a couple of days ago with a rejection.

MisterXi

Registered
Reaction score
I received a request for partial from an assistant to Emmanuelle Morgen. Their guidelines say no attachments, but I'm thinking that's for queries only. Do I send the partial in attachment or pasted in body of email?

I'm new to all of this and apologize for the dumb question.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Unless agents specifically stated otherwise in their requests, I always sent partials as attachments. I agree that Stonesong's no-attachments guideline probably applies to queries, not requested material.

Good luck, MisterXi!

I received a request for partial from an assistant to Emmanuelle Morgen. Their guidelines say no attachments, but I'm thinking that's for queries only. Do I send the partial in attachment or pasted in body of email?

I'm new to all of this and apologize for the dumb question.

mystere

Registered
Reaction score
It's good to pause, but lots of agencies are doing that nowadays. They have solid sales to top publishers. I think it looks like a great agency.

Wow really? I submitted to them, they requested a full and rejected. But knowing they also publish, I'm glad they rejected it. The conflict of interest between selling to publishers and publishing yourself makes me uneasy.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Stonesong is a "no from on means no from all" publisher? There's nothing on their submissions page that mentions that they might pass a query along if they think it's a good fit for another of their agents.

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Stonesong is a "no from on means no from all" publisher? There's nothing on their submissions page that mentions that they might pass a query along if they think it's a good fit for another of their agents.
I'm wondering the same thing.