A couple of religious forums, if you like

ShannonR.

<insert witty title here>
Registered
Reaction score
I hope I'm in the right place!

I was just browsing through the board list when I saw a few that mentioned religious writing. I've been a moderator on a website called Beliefnet for going on nine years. If you've never been there, it has information and forums about pretty much every type of spirituality you can think of, as well as current events and hot-button issues (abortion, homosexuality, etc). I just thought I'd mention it because it would be a great place for anyone who wants to do research for their writing...and, well, it's just fun! My username there is Beautiful_Dreamer, and I host some of the Christian boards. Here's the link:
http://www.beliefnet.com

Also, if you want to learn about or discuss Christianity with a touch of snark, there's a website/forum out of England called Ship of Fools. You don't have to be a Christian to post; in fact, a lot of people aren't. I just love the irreverent tone! There are a couple of boards that are specifically about the Bible and religious rites, if you were looking for that. Either way, I highly recommend it!
http://shipoffools.com/index.html

paqart

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paqphoto.com
I hope I'm in the right place!

I was just browsing through the board list when I saw a few that mentioned religious writing. I've been a moderator on a website called Beliefnet for going on nine years. If you've never been there, it has information and forums about pretty much every type of spirituality you can think of, as well as current events and hot-button issues (abortion, homosexuality, etc). I just thought I'd mention it because it would be a great place for anyone who wants to do research for their writing...and, well, it's just fun! My username there is Beautiful_Dreamer, and I host some of the Christian boards. Here's the link:
http://www.beliefnet.com

Also, if you want to learn about or discuss Christianity with a touch of snark, there's a website/forum out of England called Ship of Fools. You don't have to be a Christian to post; in fact, a lot of people aren't. I just love the irreverent tone! There are a couple of boards that are specifically about the Bible and religious rites, if you were looking for that. Either way, I highly recommend it!
http://shipoffools.com/index.html

Last year I finally published my book Dreamer: 20 years of psychic dreams. This book was my way of connecting the paranormal with the supernatural, for people who are not religious but are interested in spiritual or paranormal questions. It was interesting to see how many people reacted positively to the first, paranormal, half of the book VS the people who did the opposite. Very few could appreciate the point that many supernatural religious traditions are based on what contemporary writers and scientists describe as paranormal.

People who study the paranormal have an aversion to religion and the idea that consciousness survives death, and some religions, such as orthodox Christianity, reject many of the things studied in parapsychology, such as reincarnation and mediumship. Despite this, the connections are quite a bit stronger than I think either group would like to admit. It is a pity, because I enjoy discussing these issues with either side of the debate, but find very few people willing to cross the boundary between the two and see what connections might exist.

I think this is the reason that my agent had a hard time with the book when I first wrote it, though she is an excellent agent, and I ended up with a smaller publisher. I'll check out the forum you posted though. It will be interesting to see how open they are.

AP

ShannonR.

<insert witty title here>
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm more than willing to talk about it, having had several experiences that would make some of my fellow Christians nervous. Beliefnet IIRC has some paranormal boards, and the people on Ship of Fools are very open-minded.