• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Retailer] All Romance eBooks, LLC / OmniLit

Hilary Thomson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepongidpress.wordpress.com
I am well aware that they are not technically a publisher. Book distributor, whatever. What I want to know is if they accurately report sales made through their site. Anyone know anything about the owners, and how honest they are?

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
I am well aware that they are not technically a publisher. Book distributor, whatever. What I want to know is if they accurately report sales made through their site. Anyone know anything about the owners, and how honest they are?

They aren't a publisher, period, and only deal with publishers. Yes, they are honest and totally accurate.

Dee Carney

Bringing sexy back
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deecarney.com
Most, if not all, of the romance epubs sell their books through them. I know many of the employees, some of whom are authors. Very honest, hardworking group.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't there a line of books out not that long ago with their imprint on them being sold on the site?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am aware that they cater to self-publishers, but not with them as a publisher--although I could certainly have missed it.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

michael_b

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
Added Note: Their customer service rocks!

Yes, it absolutely does. So does their publisher's support. I reported an issue with the reports on their site and they contacted me within a couple of hours to let me know they were working on the problem. And a couple of hours is amazing considering the volume of email they must deal with.

Eriador117

Hobbit Botherer
Registered
Reaction score
I have an erotica short story with allromance as a vendor/self-publisher and they've paid me when they said they would as well as a non-fiction book on the omnilit site. You can get sales reports in real time. So far I haven't had any trouble with them.

Take care,
Annette

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
They also don't have the annoying "your book will become available when it suits us" attitude that Amazon has. At ARe, you click the button, and the book is available. I like it.

Katie Elle

Banned
Reaction score
They're a very good company and for a company their size, sales are really quite good because of the very narrow categories. Stuff that might languish on a big site where nobody can find it, gets connected to readers there.

The one caveat is after the PayPal debacle, they have become extremely cautious about indies and erotica. There's a lot of unwritten rules about what they'll accept and you can't use the above categories.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
How long does All Romance take to pay their first round of royalties, and how often do they pay after that? From the 90+ day wait on my book, I'm suspecting they are quarterly. (I know I've had sales at least during the first month of availability.)

ETA: went through their FAQ. It's quarterly, so the first batch should show up with December's statement.

Last edited:

thenewbie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Could anyone point me to the faq on the site where it explains the payment process? I've been searching and searching but don't see anything specific regarding their royalty payment processing and dates. Thanks!

Creative_Solitude

All the world's a stage...
Registered
Reaction score
I've been wanting to upload my books there, but keep hitting a snag whenever I try creating a publisher account. They keep asking me for an US tax ID, only problem is, I'm Canadian so I have no idea how to go about getting one. Any other Canadians (or otherwise) have any experience with this?

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
You need to get a US ITIN (International Taxpayer Identification Number) to sell through ARe, Amazon, to sign with an American publisher... pretty much everything.

The Catch-22 of it is that you can't get an ITIN until someone in the States says you need one. I don't know if ARe provides letters (they probably do); I'm pretty sure Amazon does; I know most publishers do.

So you get the letter; fill out the ITIN application (you can Google it); deal with the identification requirements (if you live in a big city you can just go to the passport office and get them to make a certified/registered/authorized/whatever copy of your passport. If you live in the country it's more of a pain); mail it off; and wait about six weeks, at least in my case. Then they send you an ITIN and you're good to go.

If you need more details, let me know, but that's the general idea.

Creative_Solitude

All the world's a stage...
Registered
Reaction score
You need to get a US ITIN (International Taxpayer Identification Number) to sell through ARe, Amazon, to sign with an American publisher... pretty much everything.

The Catch-22 of it is that you can't get an ITIN until someone in the States says you need one. I don't know if ARe provides letters (they probably do); I'm pretty sure Amazon does; I know most publishers do.

So you get the letter; fill out the ITIN application (you can Google it); deal with the identification requirements (if you live in a big city you can just go to the passport office and get them to make a certified/registered/authorized/whatever copy of your passport. If you live in the country it's more of a pain); mail it off; and wait about six weeks, at least in my case. Then they send you an ITIN and you're good to go.

If you need more details, let me know, but that's the general idea.

Thanks so much for the info. Wow...it seems so involved and so complicated. I'm going to see if I can get the process started at least.

Thanks again. :)

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
You have a book available on Amazon, though? Did they not require an ITIN?

Are they withholding 30% tax off your sales? You can get that back if you file a US tax return after you get your ITIN...

michael_b

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
I've been wanting to upload my books there, but keep hitting a snag whenever I try creating a publisher account. They keep asking me for an US tax ID, only problem is, I'm Canadian so I have no idea how to go about getting one. Any other Canadians (or otherwise) have any experience with this?

You need to fill out a W8 BEN form and send it and proof of identity to the US IRS. My understanding is that--usually--they'll have you use your Canadian Tax number but the form still needs to be sent in.

Here is the link to the printable PDF on the IRS site. As I recall instructions for filling it out and where to send it are included with the form.

http://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs

Just look over the page and you'll find the right form. (It's in the right hand column.)

Hope this helps you.