A GAME OF THRONES (HBO) -- POSSIBLE SPOILERS

travelgal

Registered
Reaction score
Who else thinks that Arya added a face to her bag of tricks? Only the folks at Winterfell know that he died there.

I do. Maybe she'll head off to KL after she learns from Jamie Cersi intends to sabotage the war effort. I keep thinking about that scroll Baelish handed to the girl spy to take to the maester for him to send a raven. I have a feeling he'd been keeping Cersi (or somebody in KL) up to date with the drama at Winterfell, which also explains the gossip about Dany being beautiful.

AielloJ1

Registered
Reaction score
I do. Maybe she'll head off to KL after she learns from Jamie Cersi intends to sabotage the war effort. I keep thinking about that scroll Baelish handed to the girl spy to take to the maester for him to send a raven. I have a feeling he'd been keeping Cersi (or somebody in KL) up to date with the drama at Winterfell, which also explains the gossip about Dany being beautiful.

That is a lot of people at Winterfell though who witnessed it. They'd have to ALL keep it a secret, and then translate that to the viewing audience that everyone kept it a secret so that she could do that. I think people would find that hard to believe. Also I don't think that anything that happens to Cersi at least will happen until the end of it all, and by then, everyone will have most certainly known Baelish's fate.

autumnleaf

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Is Taylor Swift's latest song all about Arya Stark?
http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/25/taylor-swift-arya-stark/

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is Taylor Swift's latest song all about Arya Stark?
http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/25/taylor-swift-arya-stark/

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I've got a list of names and yours is in red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice, oh!

She sings about everyone else. why not Arya.

I've been watching Season 8 rumor videos on Youtube. May I say about the rumors deaths next season :gaah

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Season 8 trailer is here

And may I say, Shit just got real, Arya's scared.

I loved seeing Poderick standing right by Brienne's side on the front line.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Real theory: Arya's gonna kill Cersei.

Fake Theory that is also the hill I die on: The dragon's three heads are Pod, Gendry, and Lil' Mormont. Fight me, internet.

Winterwind

Just hanging out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fromunderthedarkcloud.blogspot.com
Arya's fright scared the crap out of me. I am afraid to watch.
But I do believe it is karma. I took such glee with my unsullied friends as they watched Ned's demise and the Red Wedding, even the Purple wedding.
Hodor broke me.
Not knowing anything has me on pins and needles.
I CAN'T WAIT!!
It just looks epic.
I hope Pod survives.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We just rewatched season seven so we wouldn't step in completely unable to recall what's what when the new season airs.

I'd forgotten how creepy Bran has become now that he's the Three-Eyed Crow.

I know what Arya says she intends to do, but can she? Will she?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I so want Poderick, Grey Worm, Arya and both Mormonts to survive. I know chances are real slim of that happening.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
I'm a huge fan of Grey Worm and Missendai (or however you spell her name). But Tyrion's my guy. As long as he survives to drink another day, I think I'll be fine.

Oh, and Jon Snow.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I hope Arya lives, and I'd love Daenerys to live but I'm not expecting it. Same with Jon Snow. I'll be really freaked out if Tyrion doesn't make it to the end. I have no clue who ends up on the Iron Throne, though my money would be on Sansa if I had to bet. I'll be very surprised if either of the twins survives, but Bronn probably will. He always does. I'm more than ready for Season 8 to start!

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I want Tyrion, Brienne, and Sandor Clegane to live.
And, there are two remaining wolves, Ghost and Nymeria. I hope they have found packs of their own and completely forsake men and their evil ways. (A nice shot of one or the other, in the distance, looking down on the surviving humans, would be nice. Or, one of the wolves, in the foreground, looking down at the puny humans.)

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Re: Dire Wolves
Any chance of GRRM or the TV writers giving us a comparison between the monstrous killers and murderers that we have been following and the decent, wholesome lives of apex predators?
A nice shot of a wolf, lounging on the Iron Throne, pulling away to show the desolate ruins of King's Landing, as the wolf pups play on the floor. For that GRRM touch, have the pups play with a human skull.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want Tyrion, Brienne, and Sandor Clegane to live.
And, there are two remaining wolves, Ghost and Nymeria. I hope they have found packs of their own and completely forsake men and their evil ways. (A nice shot of one or the other, in the distance, looking down on the surviving humans, would be nice. Or, one of the wolves, in the foreground, looking down at the puny humans.)

Nymeria does have her own pack. Arya met her briefly when she was traveling by herself.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Good article speculating on who might die.

Personally, I'm not too bearish on Jon making it...
Just read that article. Well written, and thanks for pointing it out. But I only wholeheartedly agreed with one of the author's conclusions. I wholeheartedly disagreed with several. And on a couple, I found myself wondering if we had been watching the same show. Just goes to show that everyone gets different things out of a really good story.

PamelaC

Registered
Reaction score
Been avoiding theories and possible spoilers like the plague, but thought I'd pop in to say how freakin' ready I am for tonight! Re-watched the "Spoils of War" episode a couple of nights ago. I think I'll re-watch the remaining three in season 7 now (because I'm vegging out like a bum today), in preparation for the premier.

This has been a long time comin'.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Hard to believe this thread has been going since 2012. As to the first episode of season 8, the ending was very enteresting to me. I had not even thought about Jamie and Bran being in the same scene together. This should be interesting.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Hound-You left me to die.
Arya-I robbed you first.

Primus, I love her.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Much better than I expected. Season premieres tend to be boring, but this one featured lots and lots of reunions. Just the new intro hyped me up.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I thought this opening episode tossed out the slow build and got down to business right away, though maybe Jon Snow going out for a little jaunt with Dany came a little easy. Eh what? He earned the distinction by being a good shag? Judging by the baleful look after Jon snogged his auntie, maybe the dragon thought the same thing.

I laughed out loud at the blue eyes gag.

So it's not just me who finds Bran really creepy now? Pretty creepy last season. Now? Creepier.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Jon Snow going out for a little jaunt with Dany came a little easy.

Dragons are *really* picky with personal space, so either they noticed his Targaryen blood or they really share a psychic link with Daenerys. I expected this to be the climax of episode 4 maybe, but a lot of expected things happened very early this episode. I'd say they're fulfilling everyone's expectations first, just so they can surprise us next.