The results of the CSMLS exam

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
CSMLS.jpg

I took the certification exam of the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Sciences on February 16 and have been worrying about it ever since, because some of the questions were... not quite what I expected. The last few days of waiting were the worst, because I started dreaming about the results, or lack thereof. I was also consumed with the utterly irrational fear that I had forgotten to sign the form that came with the exam, meaning the whole thing would have been invalidated.

We all knew that if a small envelope came in the mail, that was good news, because it would just contain a letter and another form. If a package arrived, though, that would be bad news, because it would be information on what you got wrong, details on how to reapply for the exam and so on. As a result, my heart was in my throat each time my landlady said there was a package for me. Those packages always turned out to be from Amazon.

But it's finally over. Today there was a small envelope with big news, and I passed!

*dances around*

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
:partyguy:

Go get yourself a gift to celebrate.

Congratulations!

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marianperera.com
Go get yourself a gift to celebrate.

Thanks! Even better, I'm finally going to have a birthday party!

My birthday was two weeks ago, but I didn't feel like doing anything for it because I was waiting for the results. I figured if I passed, we could have a party then. So even the gifts my friends in the States sent me have remained unopened, but now I'm finally making preparations for some celebrating. :)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! And enjoy your celebration/birthday party. Eat lots of cake. :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marianperera.com
Excellent! Did they have a question about how one was supposed to hold one's breath while waiting? ;) Glad you got good news.

Thanks! Actually, what I was supposed to do while waiting was to get all my paperwork in order to apply for certification in the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario. So that's what I spent most of today doing. :)

Spirochetes

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, queen:)

Congratulation Queen!:)

What review materials/books did you use to prepare for the exam? OMG! You really are very good! I wish you all the best in your career:) ...I am also preparing for the exam and I am really freaking out! i would really appreaciate any help (tips,hints) that you can give me! Again, CONGRATS and belated HAPPY BIRThDAY!,,,

Cheers,
Spiro

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marianperera.com
Congratulation Queen!:)

What review materials/books did you use to prepare for the exam?

Thanks very much (and that's a cute username)!

I used the Clinical Laboratory Science Review, but IMO it wasn't all that relevant to the actual exam. The book itself is extremely thorough and heavily theory-focused, but the exam tends to be practical-focused. Just bear in mind that a lot of the exam will relate to those areas of medical laboratory technology which can be found in even the smallest out-in-the-boondocks hospital (as opposed to in specialized labs).

If you can find previous exams or exam questions online, try to solve those. Sometimes those questions get repeated. Wish you all the best too!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done. Hope you have a wonderful birthday party to celebrate. :snoopy: