I have an offer

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I should be happier. I should be dancing around like a madwoman. And if I was just considering a home for this immediate series, I would be. I need some legal advice from a contract lawyer or agent before I go further, because I could so easily wind up tying my hands on future works.

Sorin

Rollin' up my sleeves
Registered
Reaction score
I should be happier. I should be dancing around like a madwoman. And if I was just considering a home for this immediate series, I would be. I need some legal advice from a contract lawyer or agent before I go further, because I could so easily wind up tying my hands on future works.

Why is that, Filigree? Does the contract state that they have the right of first refusal for everything you write?

Oh, and congrats!

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name--a Sikh greeting)

I was going to come bouncing in and give you a big "Hurray!" But if you've got serious reservations....

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I don't have reservations about this book (and its immediate sequels) with this publisher, since I think it's a great match.

But this is an erotic romance e-publisher, and some of the linked plots in my larger story arc are more straight science fiction/fantasy. I don't know if the publisher, their editors, or their readers are going to 'get' that I can and will write adventure and light romance, plus erotic m/m, m/f, and f/f as the story dictates. If the publisher can't go with my larger series concept, then I have to make sure I can retain future derivative works options for other publishers or self-pubbing.

It's a little confusing, and what I get for worldbuilding since 1987. Stories set in the same universe have recently sold to a mainstream sf&f anthology, and to an erotic romance anthology inspired by Game of Thrones.

Like I said, a lot to think about.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best of luck. I hope you are happy and have success however you decide.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're taking some time to think things through. Do get legal advice if you need it.

And CGs on the offer!

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have reservations about this book (and its immediate sequels) with this publisher, since I think it's a great match.

But this is an erotic romance e-publisher, and some of the linked plots in my larger story arc are more straight science fiction/fantasy. I don't know if the publisher, their editors, or their readers are going to 'get' that I can and will write adventure and light romance, plus erotic m/m, m/f, and f/f as the story dictates. If the publisher can't go with my larger series concept, then I have to make sure I can retain future derivative works options for other publishers or self-pubbing.

It's a little confusing, and what I get for worldbuilding since 1987. Stories set in the same universe have recently sold to a mainstream sf&f anthology, and to an erotic romance anthology inspired by Game of Thrones.

Like I said, a lot to think about.

Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

In that case: all blessings for your success!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
And now I have an agent, who will undoubtedly earn her commission many times over, considering what we want to do.

A dizzying day, shortly to be a hectic month. Thanks for the kudos, folks -
AW has helped me dig myself out of a really deep pit in the short time I've been here.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And now I have an agent, who will undoubtedly earn her commission many times over, considering what we want to do.

A dizzying day, shortly to be a hectic month. Thanks for the kudos, folks -
AW has helped me dig myself out of a really deep pit in the short time I've been here.

Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Wow! Wonderful!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
WOOT! WOOT! How'd I miss this? CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D