• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

In search of a beta for my YA WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalyn_Kae

Better to be forgotten than sued!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deathbyink-rosalynkae.blogspot.com
Hello all!

I'm currently looking for a couple eager betas to read and critique my new YA manuscript. The story is a psychological thriller with elements of romance and maybe sci-fi. I'm so stuck that I haven't quite narrowed down the subgenre yet. Anyway, I don't want line editing, but if that's your expertise, then I'm cool with that.

What I need are some tips, suggestions and cold hard criticism. I don't mind it being harsh so long as it's honest and helpful. I need all the help I can get to get out of this slump. So, of course I'm willing to exchange manuscripts so long as they are in the YA category.

Oh and the story is about a teenage boy whose girlfriend dies in a car accident and in the following days, he meets a new girl who is her spitting image and acts just like her. So I guess there's a dash of mystery in there too. :D

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
I might be interested, but you say it's a WIP. Typically a story is ready for a beta reader if it's not a WIP. It's already gone through a round or two of revisions and you feel it's as far as you can go with it. Is it that way?

I am currently finishing revising the second draft of my own YA suspense novel. It's clocking in at 59K words and I hope to finish this draft in the next week. And I'll be looking for a beta swap, if yours is ready for one.

Rosalyn_Kae

Better to be forgotten than sued!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deathbyink-rosalynkae.blogspot.com
Thanks underthecity for replying. Yes, it is a WIP. So maybe I should rephrase. The manuscript is still very rough around the edges. So I guess I'm in need of some feedback as to how it reads and whether or not I'm heading down the right path.

I'm having some plot problems and I keep getting stuck in the sand as far as certain scenes. If you don't mind sparing that much for right now, I'd still be up for the swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.