Unable to buy Kindle ebooks on PC (Int'l buying and selling)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
... outside USA or UK. I am in Germany, and though I can buy Kindle books on my reader, I can't do so from my laptop. The Kindle shop on amazon.co.uk tells me

"Kindle titles for your country are not available at Amazon.co.uk.
Please shop for Kindle titles at Amazon.co.uk. "

Does anyone else outside US or UK have this problem? It's a bit annoying.

Theo81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atrivialblogforseriouspeople.blogspot.com
If you have a UK address already registered to your UK account you can FOOL TEH SYSTEM! Yeah baby!

Ahem.

In your Manage Your Kindle settings, go to the Country Settings. You should be able to select a UK address associated with your account. This will allow you to purchase stuff from Amazon UK for an "international" machine. They are looking for an address to appear on the invoice, so it makes no practical difference to you.

Your other option is to purchase from Amazon.com in dollars as an international purchaser. I'm not sure how that works, all I know is it's what I'm *supposed* to do *shifty eyes*. Amazon won't dispatch Kindles to Ireland and demand that they are registered with Amazon.com rather than Amazon.co.uk. Some gubbins to do with the licensing.

Last edited:

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Ahem.

In your Manage Your Kindle settings, go to the Country Settings. You should be able to select a UK address associated with your account. This will allow you to purchase stuff from Amazon UK for an "international" machine. They are looking for an address to appear on the invoice, so it makes no practical difference to you.

OK, I'll check that out, though as I usually use a Visa debit card linked to a UK address I'm afraid that that may already be the case. OTOH I may have linked it to a German bank account in recent months; I'll check and see.
It's not the end of the world but I'm wondering if German (Also French, Spanish, Italian) customers can ever buy my SP Kindle book online, except from their Kindles.

PulpDogg

I should be writing
Registered
Reaction score
It's not the end of the world but I'm wondering if German (Also French, Spanish, Italian) customers can ever buy my SP Kindle book online, except from their Kindles.

I can answer that for you ... Yes, I can buy your book on the website. I don't even have a Kindle itself, I just use the Android apps. €2.68 is the price displayed for me.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
OK, I changed the default address on my uk account to a UK address, and my card to a UK address, and now it's letting me buy there.
Still doesn't solve the problem of other German customers, however, who do not have a UK address!

I've always wondered about other INternational curomers. I know that someone from Singapore said she couldn't buy my book for Kindle over there. But I also know that I ma getting international purchases outside the 70% royalty area -- because I only get 35% royalty for them.

BTW Sorry -- I seem to have changed the topic from my own little problem, as a buyer -- which has been solved -- to that of my international customers, as a seller.

PulpDogg

I should be writing
Registered
Reaction score
I live in Germany, so I have a German adress and account. I saw no problem whatsoever when I searched for your book. So I'd say other German customers can buy it just fine ...