Getcher free outlining tool here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Heh. I said 'tool'.

Anyhoo -- a short time ago I mentioned my Superspeshul Outlining Tool in another thread; the MS Excel spreadsheet I use for those works I outline.

A few AWers asked if they could have a look at it, so I thought, why not open it up to the great unwashed?

It's a three-page spreadsheet, with formulae for chapter averages, day's total, total wordcount, how many days' work left, all that sort of thing, pre-entered into the document.

Trust me; it'll make more sense if/when you see it.

So if anyone's as hot for organisation as I am, drop me a PM or email, or post in this thread, and I'll email you a copy of my scarletpeaches SuperSpeshul Spreadsheet o' Destiny when I get home later this evening.

SP, spreading her OCD one spreadsheet at a time

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Me please! Sending you a pm. Thanks. Might be what I need to get back to work.

ETA - Oh, repped you instead with my info.

Last edited:

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'd like to see it, too, please. I'm on a major organization kick. Just finished devising a shiny new filing system for myself. I repped you my email info. Thanks for sharing this.

PulpDogg

I should be writing
Registered
Reaction score
I am realizing more and more that I need to outline my stuff more ... so yeah, I'd like a copy as well :).

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds fun. I love excel spreadsheets. Comes from working with them a lot in my wild and crazy youth (my bosses never figured out how I did all those calculations after experiments so quickly, they used to do all the calculations on paper and transfer them to excel to do the graph, I used to just bung in raw data and press print :) )

I'll PM you my e-mail address...

Reaction score
Erp!

I woke up to 4 PMs, several rep points, and this thread. Didn't think it'd take off in the way it has. Just as well I saved the email with all the instructions on it, to save retyping.

Yes, it comes with instructions. That's how anal I am.

I'll get round to everyone eventually. Promise!

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I said 'tool'.

Anyhoo -- a short time ago I mentioned my Superspeshul Outlining Tool in another thread; the MS Excel spreadsheet I use for those works I outline.

A few AWers asked if they could have a look at it, so I thought, why not open it up to the great unwashed?

It's a three-page spreadsheet, with formulae for chapter averages, day's total, total wordcount, how many days' work left, all that sort of thing, pre-entered into the document.

Trust me; it'll make more sense if/when you see it.

So if anyone's as hot for organisation as I am, drop me a PM or email, or post in this thread, and I'll email you a copy of my scarletpeaches SuperSpeshul Spreadsheet o' Destiny when I get home later this evening.

SP, spreading her OCD one spreadsheet at a time
I would love this. Thanks, SP!

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Erp!

I woke up to 4 PMs, several rep points, and this thread. Didn't think it'd take off in the way it has. Just as well I saved the email with all the instructions on it, to save retyping.

Yes, it comes with instructions. That's how anal I am.

I'll get round to everyone eventually. Promise!

You were offering free stuff. To writers. Of course there was a stampede. There are only two ways you could have got more PMs/posts/e-mails:

- Charging for the spreadsheet (in which case you'd get millions of posts accusing you of being a scammer)
- Offering to 'read any manuscript for free and give advice'

:)

Instructions are cool. You should have written them in scottish, though :)

Reaction score
Just as well I kept a copy of the original email to save having to retype it again and again.

Now everyone on AW will be as anally OCD as I am. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA! :ROFL:

Reaction score
Crikey, just emailed another three AWers. I think in total that's around twenty so far. Who doesn't love free stuff, eh?

Faide

Like Dirty Gentlemen
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, I've been playing around with it all evening. Thanks, Peaches :D

fredXgeorge

I heart sexy elves and wizards.
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love it too, please! Repping you my email address.

Reaction score
There. Everyone who's requested my tool (heh) should have a copy.

If I've missed anyone out, feel free to PM me again, or mention it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.