• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Crooked Cat Publishing

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
What, exactly, does Crooked Cat do for you that you can't do by self-publishing? From their submission page:
  • We’re an International ePublisher – we push our publications to Kindle, in the first instance, and it goes everywhere where Kindle is done. There are options to push it to other online places, but we find Kindle is nice and friendly. We also push to print-on-demand through Createspace. Paperback is all well and good, but you might not see our books on the High Street – they are mainly distributed to Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
and
But you’ll be in the front row after release with promotion and marketing. We’ll help – we’ll offer advice – but being published means you’ll need to have a good dose of gumption as well as a thick skin.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't go near Crooked Cat and I'll tell you why. I asked on their FB page, maybe a year or so ago, if they accepted literary fiction. Their reply was 'not if we can help it'.
Oh dear.

I laughed, but I'm not a good person.

Kate JR

Registered
Reaction score
No, you look like a bad dog, looking at me all innocently with those puppy-dog eyes.:tongue

Incidentally, when will my cat profile picture appear? Not a crooked cat, I can assure you.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
No, you look like a bad dog, looking at me all innocently with those puppy-dog eyes.:tongue

Incidentally, when will my cat profile picture appear? Not a crooked cat, I can assure you.

It's showing on your profile. Did you want it to appear on your posts too? In that case you need to save it to a different place. Click on "settings" (top right of screen), then go to "edit avatar" and download the picture there. That should do it.

Kate JR

Registered
Reaction score
Ah thanks, Old Hack. I realized I had it set to 'don't show avatar' for some unearthly reason. A quick search on the old pooter didn't bring up the other cat image so I chose this one instead though it's a bit small! I tried resizing but still as small as ever...oh well, it probably reflects my insignificance

mccardey - how did you do that reputation thread thingy? I've no idea how to reply but remember you're talking to a cat

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See the little star under your pretty cat photo? Click that and write a little message and hit enter or send or something. The little triangle is for reporting posts that are spammy or offensive or sockpuppety.

In the FAQ (which you really must read - it's brilliant and witty and illustrated!) there are some guidelines about what's appropriate in reps. Basically - nice messages, not aggro.

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
There's an FAQ? Wow. I really should look at that one of these days.

*goes back to terrorising newbies and banning people who don't send me sweeties*

Kate JR

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, well I never. I never even noticed the star let alone guessed what it was for!

Oh yes the FAQs, I'm sure I did read them once upon a time...

...will they tell me why my avatar is so small?